Bundy traded to Angels for Isaac Mattson, Kyle Bradish, Zach Peek, and Kyle Brnovich

MurphDogg

18 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I think your right on this one! I think he'd like to move the salary off the books

I think Givens value is in a role other than closer. if he stays he will likely be used as the closer. IMO that won't help his value

He won’t be closing any games with this team.  You have to have the lead late in a game to bring in the closer.

8 minutes ago, Philip said:

I’m not upset and I didn’t indicate any upset.

1) As I stated, Mattson has an FV 35, at AA and 24, and because he is obviously the main part of the trade, it is logical to think that the other players, whoever they are, have less FV than he does.

2) Is the second pick in the rule five draft worth more than Bundy? By trading Bundy for a guy they could’ve gotten with the second round in the rule five draft, the Orioles are saying “yes”  and I disagree with that. 

I’m not upset at all, as I said, I had to digest it, and when I wrote it, I didn’t know any details.

But I did say that trading one of your major trade pieces, and one of your only reliable starters, for a guy you can get for free in the Rule 5 draft( unless the Tigers take him first oh no!) appears to be very poor logic.

I may change my mind after hearing about the other guys we pick up, but at first glance, this appears to be selling very low. 

Bradish was their #21 prospect according to MLB. I would think he is the main part?

34 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

We had no idea who Wojo was in March of last year.  We didn't know that Means was even going to be on the team.  We didn't know Alberto or Severino or Ruiz.  They all had their (sometimes brief) moments of fun.  They were as enjoyable as watching Bundy eat 161 innings.  There will be more of them next year.  We could have the new Pete Stanicek, or Ken Gerhart, or Billy Ripken on our hands.  Maybe we'll get a chance to see if somebody becomes the new Rodrigo Lopez.  It'll be fine.

Severino is terrible. Ruiz isn’t a major league ball player.  

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Except they went 3 playoffs in 5 years without his strategy.

I think Elias has the right idea, even though I haven't like all of the moves.

I am surprised he would trade for 5 players and they are all pitchers.

My thought is they should trade Mancini and Givens asap. If you've reached this point why not go all the way. The only multi million dollar players left are the ones that are not tradeable

13 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Bradish was their #21 prospect according to MLB. I would think he is the main part?

Two draftee have not pitched professionally. You don't know where they would rank. They certainly were paid guys though. There are top 10 draftees who get 50k and then there are top ten who get 400k. 

Just now, Roll Tide said:

I think Elias has the right idea, even though I haven't like all of the moves.

I am surprised he would trade for 5 players and they are all pitchers.

My thought is they should trade Mancini and Givens asap. If you've reached this point why not go all the way. The only multi million dollar players left are the ones that are not tradeable

He drafted no pitchers early. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I mean at this point the people who don’t get or like what they are doing are already ticked off. Let them get their money worth. 

Yep. Mancini would be a truly bittersweet trade (I don't really buy that descriptor for Bundy), but I can't say I'd be against it. That said, I also don't agree that Mancini will 100% miss a window of competitive Orioles baseball, nor do I think it's all that bad to have a guy like him help usher in the next wave. 

But - if we're going for a full firesale, then giddyup.

1 minute ago, weams said:

Two draftee have not pitched professionally. You don;t know where they would rank. Te certainly were paid guys though. There are top 10 draftees who get 50k and then there are top ten who get 400k. 

270k and 200k approximately, both were in play as early as the 3rd-4th rounds, but teams start trying to make money work and they slipped. Both were expected to go higher. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2