Bundy traded to Angels for Isaac Mattson, Kyle Bradish, Zach Peek, and Kyle Brnovich

MurphDogg

9 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Mancini is under control through 2022, while Bundy was only under control through 2021. At a certain point you have to give the fans someone to root for if you are still charging Major League prices, and I don't think his trade value merits trading him.

Trading Givens now would be selling low, would hope that he improves and they trade him at the deadline. Also, I think relievers tend to get more value at the deadline than the offseason.

I'd argue that Elias is long past that point! The sooner they cant get through this rebuild the better.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Bradish and Brnovich and even Mattson kind of fits the every pitcher once through the order thing, if they really want to aggressively push the envelope. 

2022's 1500-innings being such a blank slate - I do feel like the Orioles that year may set records around rotating pitchers.

The composition of this return boosts my optimism 2022 hasn't been written off as a relevant season yet.  We can even still have Bundy and Villar on that team if they're the right fit then.

30 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

270k and 200k approximately, both were in play as early as the 3rd-4th rounds, but teams start trying to make money work and they slipped. Both were expected to go higher. 

The signing bonuses of the 2018 and 2019 draftees are on the first post of this thread, sourced from Baseball America.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OrioleDog said:

2022's 1500-innings being such a blank slate - I do feel like the Orioles that year may set records around rotating pitchers.

The composition of this return boosts my optimism 2022 hasn't been written off as a relevant season yet.  We can even still have Bundy and Villar on that team if they're the right fit then.

More likely to set that record this year, with only Means likely to make 30+ starts barring injury.

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

More likely to set that record this year, with only Means likely to make 30+ starts barring injury.

A lot of people are assuming a lot of things for John Means next season. I hope he does well, he’s a great feel-good story, but there is the dreaded sophomore slump, and there’s also the book on him getting much bigger, people being much more aware, and now instead of being number two or three on the list he’s number one or two on the list, and that’s a lot to put on a guy’s shoulders when he wasn’t even on the top 30 before the season.

6 minutes ago, atomic said:

Do any of these guys make our top 30?

Maybe, maybe not.  But one thing I like about how Fangraphs organizes their prospect lists is they report on a variable number of prospects of sufficient value.  The flavor here is getting beyond 30 worthwhile guys to raise the floor of Rutschman's supporting cast.