Manfred "Baltimore is a Viable Baseball Market" Plus MASN issues

Roll Tide

2 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

That statement is like when a GM gives the manager a vote of confidence two weeks before he gets fired.

Or...if the Nats and O's would just get along my life would be easier. Therefore, I deem it viable. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I really liked Bart Giamatti and was shocked at his sudden passing. David Stern for the first half of his tenure as NBA commissioner was generally well liked. 

I watch NBA draft a couple of times.  He is booed pretty loudly when he comes to the microphone.

Just now, Philip said:

And yet one of his first acts as a commissioner was to take the All-Star game away from us and give it to, I think, San Diego. For this and many another reasons, I do not wish good things for him

I'd have done the same thing if a team was suing the rest of the league.  I'm certainly not going to reward them.

19 minutes ago, Philip said:

And yet one of his first acts as a commissioner was to take the All-Star game away from us and give it to, I think, San Diego. For this and many another reasons, I do not wish good things for him

I do not recall that Baltimore ever had been given the all-star game.   People were hoping to get it, and we didn’t, but I don’t think it was “taken away.”

54 minutes ago, atomic said:

Are any sports commissioners Ever liked by anyone?

Liked is probably too much to ask. My personal criteria is: Be a good Ambassador for the sport, increase revenue, keep the Owners in line, and don't screw up the Sport with a bunch of rule changes. Manfred fails miserably at the last one.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I do not recall that Baltimore ever had been given the all-star game.   People were hoping to get it, and we didn’t, but I don’t think it was “taken away.”

Baseball was alternating between leagues, going from team to team, and it was our turn and everyone expected it but suddenly it went to San Diego( I think) which was a consecutive NL team and which had already hosted the All-Star game. Yes it was ours and yes Manfred got pissy and took it away.