Breaking: Alex Cora fired by Red Sox

cboemmeljr

By the way, will I get Warren or penalized if I say that the Red Sox, Steve Pearce aside, are a-holes?

I initially used a stronger word, but changed it a little bit. But I swear, does New England breed people who think that cheating is just fine? Gosh… I have a beloved student who’s at Yale now, and another former student who is at MIT. I hope they don’t turn into one of those…

By the way, I popped over to over the monster to read some of the fan reaction there, and it was kind of disgusting to see at least one poster commenting on how classy the Boston statement was and how they allowed Cora to gracefully leave. I read about 20 comments, and not one of them said anything about how inadequate The statement was. It’s really embarrassing. And these people get to vote?

I've always hated Cora and found him to be smug.  I know Roy came to his defense a couple years ago when I attacked Cora on some post/thread and that's fine, I'm sure he's got some good aspects, everyone does.  

That said, I knew he was a douche when I first set eyes on him and I'm glad he's out on his ass.  I hope the Sox have another miserable season.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, 24fps said:

It was presented by both parties as a mutual decision to "part ways" not the firing it actually was.  It would have been bizarre for him to say nothing.

I disagree. The press release should have literally been like two lines. There was no reason AT ALL to include an Alex Cora quote. If Alex Cora wanted to issue his own statement / fake apology then that should have been on him. 

"In light of recent developments the Boston Red Sox have agreed to part ways with Alex Cora. We wish him the best in his future endeavors."

21 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I've always hated Cora and found him to be smug.  I know Roy came to his defense a couple years ago when I attacked Cora on some post/thread and that's fine, I'm sure he's got some good aspects, everyone does.  

That said, I knew he was a douche when I first set eyes on him and I'm glad he's out on his ass.  I hope the Sox have another miserable season.

I've upgraded Cora to a super douche. Gabe Kapler also holds the super douche title, but more so for his proclivity to the use of coconut oil. There are many layers to the nickname. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Philip said:

By the way, will I get Warren or penalized if I say that the Red Sox, Steve Pearce aside, are a-holes?

I initially used a stronger word, but changed it a little bit. But I swear, does New England breed people who think that cheating is just fine? Gosh… I have a beloved student who’s at Yale now, and another former student who is at MIT. I hope they don’t turn into one of those…

Boston sports fans are THE WORST, with Philly and NYC fans a close second. Having both your major sports teams caught up in cheating scandals would humble any other fan base, but not Boston fans. They continue to double down on stupid. I'm really hoping that the  Patriots get hit with a HUGE penalty too. Then I'll move to Boston, open up a world's smallest violin shop, and retire relatively young. 

1 hour ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Boston sports fans are THE WORST, with Philly and NYC fans a close second. Having both your major sports teams caught up in cheating scandals would humble any other fan base, but not Boston fans. They continue to double down on stupid. I'm really hoping that the  Patriots get hit with a HUGE penalty too. Then I'll move to Boston, open up a world's smallest violin shop, and retire relatively young. 

The Astro's fans aren't humble at all. They just are saying other teams were doing it too. No big deal.

21 minutes ago, atomic said:

The Astro's fans aren't humble at all. They just are saying other teams were doing it too. No big deal.

I'd still rather swim in a sea of Astro's fans than be locked in small room with a "Red Sahx" fan for five minutes. I went to a O's game years ago when they were playing the Red Sox and had a guy behind me screaming "Nohmawr" and "Pawtukit" for a solid seven innings. It took years of therapy to get over that night.