Video of Altuve

Uli2001

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Folks have been talking about bean balls and when I push back I'm assured folks are "only joking".

Brain trauma is one of the few things I won't joke about.

This. I fully expect Astros hitters to get plunked this season, but I don't expect any of them to be bean balls

3 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

A team goes to diabolical lengths to cheat, they are suspect. That is why cheating is bad for the game and why MLB should come down hard.

The first thing I think of when I hit a home run to win a playoff series is to make sure my teammates are’nt going to take off my shirt.  

22 minutes ago, yeoledugger said:

I am having a bad feeling about Mr. Altuve quickly running off into the dugout and down into the runway right after hitting his walkoff. Why would he do that?

I wish, I could find the video clip but there was a postgame press conference with Alex Bregman being asked about a game winning home run. Knowing what we know now, Bregman said it without saying it that he got tipped off on what pitch was coming when he hit the homer. 

4 hours ago, Uli2001 said:

Don't let your lying eyes deceive you.

4 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

A team goes to diabolical lengths to cheat, they are suspect. That is why cheating is bad for the game and why MLB should come down hard.

Hey, like I said, everyone wants to be an expert here and see what they want to see.  There's a really good chance that it could be a buzzer but also maybe not.

2 hours ago, Uli2001 said:

Screen-Shot-2020-01-16-at-2.58.28-PM-758

Mic'd up for the Fox broadcast?  Anyone?

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I just don't get why folks think this is any worse than was already out there.  They were stealing signs and transmitting the information to the hitters.  That is still what this is.

Pearl clutching, at it's finest.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Folks have been talking about bean balls and when I push back I'm assured folks are "only joking".

Brain trauma is one of the few things I won't joke about.

Refresh my memory of all the brain trauma that has occurred from baseball players getting plunked? I must've missed this major concern.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Your kidding right?

What do you think a concussion is?

Ryan Freel did have CTE when he killed himself.

Again, refresh my memory of systemic evidence that getting plunked causes brain damage. Brian Roberts had concussions too. they were caused by him hitting himself on the head with his own bat and then sliding head first. 

I have never seen anyone even vaguely suggest getting hit with baseballs have caused CTE. Ray Chapman is the only player to die as a result of getting beaned and that was before helmets. Even Freel, who said he up to 10 concussions, got them from crashing into walls, othere players, and getting hit on a pickoff throw. No where has anyone suggest that getting plunked is a major cause of concussions.

In fact, I would argue catchers have a much better chance of concussion while wearing their mask. 

Your suggestion that pitchers plunking guys (particularly when no one throws at anyone's head) is some kind of concern for brain injury is hysterical at best.

No one should joke about CTE or brain injuries, nor should anyone get all upset over someone suggesting players will provide their own justice to the known cheaters.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I remember they asked him about it after the game, and he said his wife didn't want to see him shirtless out there.

Yeah and then on Reddit someone posted 5 photos from Altuves Instagram account where he had his shirt off.  

The Astros fan fest is on Saturday maybe he will explain in more detail his reasoning.