Valaika claimed again, Kline DFAd

interloper

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Expecting a deluge of posts about how letting a hard thrower with poor control go.

To which I reply:

518NMc3YfAL._SY445_.jpg

Note the forlorn look in his eyes.  This must have been taken shortly after the Griffey homer.  Poor Brad just couldn't ever find the strike zone.

Lol.

Well, he's not gone yet. And I don't think Kline had super bad control, he just had that straight-ball-itus. Fastball stiff as a board and not much of an offspeed pitch to bail him out. 

He wasn't on the 40-man prior to 2019 I don't think, so it's not like he's a killer prospect. I had hoped to get a 6th inning arm out of him. 

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

Armstrong has a lot better repertoire to work with. Plus Kline got absolutely lit up last year. He's 28. 

4 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

I don't see how anyone cares.  Kline's 28 and is a mediocre at best bullpen arm.  Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's true.  

Haha true, I forgot Kline is older due to the injuries. Has the velocity but not much movement on his pitch, not really a prospect anymore. 

2 minutes ago, robin147 said:

Haha true, I forgot Kline is older due to the injuries. Has the velocity but not much movement on his pitch, not really a prospect anymore. 

It's still a little surprising since he's homegrown and there's at least a little potential there. But I think it probably doesn't matter and he slips through and pitches at Norfolk.