Roch on Power Alley

weams

Elias can't be running the Orioles in full autonomy because Davis is here and @Can_of_corn told me that means that the Angelos tribe still has to be making the decisions.  Because we all want to like Elias and think that he's a smart baseball guy and if we like Elias and think he's a smart baseball guy there's no way a smart baseball guy that we like would keep Davis on the roster because we all like each other and think we're smart baseball guys and none of us would keep Davis on the roster.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Elias can't be running the Orioles in full autonomy because Davis is here and @Can_of_corn told me that means that the Angelos tribe still has to be making the decisions.  Because we all want to like Elias and think that he's a smart baseball guy and if we like Elias and think he's a smart baseball guy there's no way a smart baseball guy that we like would keep Davis on the roster because we all like each other and think we're smart baseball guys and none of us would keep Davis on the roster.

You lost me at we all like each other.

• Thanks 1

Re:Davis. There is no reason whatsoever to keep Davis.

There MAY currently be no pressing reason to get rid of him.

But there WILL be a pressing need to get rid of him as soon as the final days’ roster crunches rear their ugly heads.

Regardless of the players involved in the final dilemma, they will all be better and offer more than Davis.

2 hours ago, Philip said:

Re:Davis. There is no reason whatsoever to keep Davis.

There MAY currently be no pressing reason to get rid of him.

But there WILL be a pressing need to get rid of him as soon as the final days’ roster crunches rear their ugly heads.

Regardless of the players involved in the final dilemma, they will all be better and offer more than Davis.

What if Davis hits .275 this spring with a few dingers?     As long as we’re bringing the guy to spring training, I’ll remain open minded about what the situation will be when spring training closes.  Not that I’m optimistic.     

And yes, I know ST numbers aren’t very meaningful.    I’m using them as a proxy for, what if he actually looks half-decent this spring compared to other guys?

On 1/31/2020 at 5:30 PM, Philip said:

I did not insinuate that the guy was lying, although never forget, he is a company man. However, the question remains valid. If Mike is in control of Davis, why is Davis still here, when it is obvious that one, the money is spent, and two, Davis isn’t going to get better. He is nothing but an embarrassment.

edit: and we can ALWAYS use an extra roster spot. When a spot is held by a useless player, anybody else, regardless of position, would be an improvement.

The new regime has now had full year observing and gaining data on Chris and others. Now they have a full off season implanting and suggesting he needs to work on something they did not have last year. I think they’ll give him the chance this year to see if he can’t improve maybe not even the full year and if they don’t they’ll cut ties. 

55 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

The new regime has now had full year observing and gaining data on Chris and others. Now they have a full off season implanting and suggesting he needs to work on something they did not have last year. I think they’ll give him the chance this year to see if he can’t improve maybe not even the full year and if they don’t they’ll cut ties. 

And if he can improve maybe we can trade him only eating 90% of his remaining salary instead of 99%. Still saves us a few million dollars

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

What if Davis hits .275 this spring with a few dingers?     As long as we’re bringing the guy to spring training, I’ll remain open minded about what the situation will be when spring training closes.  Not that I’m optimistic.     

And yes, I know ST numbers aren’t very meaningful.    I’m using them as a proxy for, what if he actually looks half-decent this spring compared to other guys?

Sisco looked decent last spring and got sent down. When he was brought up, he was bad.

regardless, you’re offering a hypothetical. Even if it were true, so what? Davis is not just bad, he’s recalcitrant( I just looked up the word to make sure it’s correct and it fits perfectly.)

He is making no effort to change. If he hits .275 in ST, and that changes your sense of what he will do in-season, well then...

6 hours ago, jrobb21613 said:

Now they have a full off season implanting and suggesting he needs to work on something they did not have last year.

Davis is uninterested in working. Hard to blame him. Baseball is hard. He has 161 million dollars whether he’s good or bad...

why work?

2 hours ago, Philip said:

Davis is uninterested in working. Hard to blame him. Baseball is hard. He has 161 million dollars whether he’s good or bad...

why work?

I’ll wait to pass judgement. He has bulked up which obviously required some effort or work on his part, but did he do his own thing or did he take direction from the organization? Hopefully he found motivation somewhere to put in the work. However he hasn’t shown over the last couple years since the contract that he’s willing hopefully  he found that willingness. If so it should show this spring in camp.