Which pitchers have a chance in camp and who is there for the experience

wildcard

8 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Yo-yoing or the Norfolk Shuttle will be a lot more difficult this year because players have to stay in the minors 15 days if sent down. I think this will have a much bigger impact on our club than the 3 batter rule.

Oh I didn't know the rule had been changed back.  Does this rule apply even if a player at the big league club was injured?  

Just now, atomic said:

Oh I didn't know the rule had been changed back.  Does this rule apply even if a player at the big league club was injured?  

I'm pretty sure that starts this year. Somebody check my memory on this. I'm 100% sure players can be brought back early to replace an injury.

6 minutes ago, atomic said:

4 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I'm pretty sure that starts this year. Somebody check my memory on this. I'm 100% sure players can be brought back early to replace an injury.

The only rule change I remember hearing about is that the 10 day injured list is being changed back to 15 days for pitchers (not position players).     I didn’t hear that the minor league recall rule also is changing, but maybe I missed that.   

53 minutes ago, atomic said:

No, DL moves are exempt.   Put a guy on the DL, you can bring up a guy who has been down for 1 day if you want.

The new rule is 15 days for pitchers, 10 for non-pitchers.

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Agreed. Here is who I consider the favorites.

1. Means 

2. Cobb

3. Wojo

4. Leblanc

5. Hess

6. Bailey

Everyone else

I think Hess and Stewart have options so they will be optioned, or at the very least bullpenned.

Means, Cobb, Wojo, LeBlanc will all be starters, and really it's that fifth spot up for grabs; it makes sense that Bailey has it because he's not movable and has been stretched out. I really think that Hess and Stewart will start games in Norfolk.

FINALLY found it...

Impending rule change that will go into effect at the start of the 2020 season

Beginning in 2020, the minimum number of days a player will need to remain in the Minors after being optioned will increase from 10 to 15, with the same exceptions in play.

http://m.mlb.com/glossary/transactions/minor-league-options

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, scOtt said:

Yes, for pitchers.  It will still be 10 days for position players.  And, yes, if they are brought back before eligible to replace an injured player, that is OK.

15 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Agreed. Here is who I consider the favorites.

1. Means 

2. Cobb

3. Wojo

4. Leblanc

5. Hess

6. Bailey

Everyone else

The consensus appears to be that Hess has a decent shot at the rotation. How? 7.09/7.26/5,67 last season. I don't understand why he would be worth giving another shot ahead of Bailey or Akin,

14 hours ago, pepesilvia50 said:

The consensus appears to be that Hess has a decent shot at the rotation. How? 7.09/7.26/5,67 last season. I don't understand why he would be worth giving another shot ahead of Bailey or Akin,

I think Hess would need to blow the competition away to get a spot in the rotation. I think there is a better chance of them converting him to relief this year ans seeing if that helps his stuff take a jump and become more consistent.