Spring Training 2020 Thread

weams

So I've never done spring training before but I am thinking of going the first week or March, or sneaking down for the final weekend where they have 3-4 games straight.  

A couple questions of people who have been:  

For the 1:05 games, is there any batting practice before the game?  Or are they on other fields at this time doing work that can be viewed by the public?  

On non-game days or road games, what typically happens?  What access can be expected of practices, etc?  

How friendly are the players for autographs pre and post game?  I'm not a huge collector by any means- I usually pay for what I get, or got things at STH appreciation day- but if the players sign more freely, I wouldn't mind getting a few things signed. 

One of the things I would be most excited about are seeing some other teams, so who else is relatively close to the Orioles?  

Best place to stay?  I usually prefer close to the stadium, but am open to suggestions. 

Anything else that would make a trip enjoyable.  It doesn't have to all be about baseball.  

Turns out I don't know my Orioles. I only got 6.

EDIT: Adley wasn't one of them. Austin Wynns, Richard Bleier, and Hunter Harvey are the only ones I legitimately recognized. I guessed on Sisco and got it (remarkably). David Hess was also a WAG. Dillon Tate was easy because we are the whitest team in baseball.

BALTIMORE ORIOLES AT PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES GAME ON MONDAY AVAILABLE LIVE ON MLB NETWORK AT 1:00 P.M. ET

February 21, 2020 – The Baltimore Orioles at Philadelphia Phillies Spring Training game on Monday, February 24 will be available on MLB Network in the Baltimore and Washington D.C. television markets live at 1:00 p.m. ET.

23 minutes ago, weams said:

BALTIMORE ORIOLES AT PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES GAME ON MONDAY AVAILABLE LIVE ON MLB NETWORK AT 1:00 P.M. ET

February 21, 2020 – The Baltimore Orioles at Philadelphia Phillies Spring Training game on Monday, February 24 will be available on MLB Network in the Baltimore and Washington D.C. television markets live at 1:00 p.m. ET.

I’m actually off that day! Woo!

Probably means a huge dose of Rutschman and Sisco catching that game.

• Upvote 1