MLB (Orioles) suspended indefinitely

atomic

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

I’m not sure how much touching goes on in the dugout or locker room(I would imagine damn little) but it’s very easy to remind guys not to high five each other or share drinks.

I would love it if this put an end to all the spitting. 

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I’m not sure how much touching goes on in the dugout or locker room(I would imagine damn little) but it’s very easy to remind guys not to high five each other or share drinks.

Have you seen the Orioles locker room?  It is a cinder block room with lockers right next to each other and no air movement.  I am guessing it is pretty easy place to spread disease. 

Loogie Hocking. Sunflower seed spitting. Water bottle squirting. Bathroom sharing. Locker proximity. The list goes on. "No high fives" is a little short-sighted.  How often do you touch your face out of habit? I've noticed over a hundred times a day for me. Even knowing I shouldn't I catch myself doing it all day.

The NHL and USHL have suspended their seasons. MLB still hasn't which is par for the course with Manfred. Always a day late and a dollar short. I doubt it will put an end to spitting, though. The flu is an ongoing pandemic that kills hundreds of thousands of people worldwide every year and mutates fast enough to make prevention practically impossible. This Chinese Coronavirus is the same and is here to stay unfortunately. It's still the right thing to suspend the season for now.

1 minute ago, Sessh said:

The NHL and USHL have suspended their seasons. MLB still hasn't which is par for the course with Manfred. Always a day late and a dollar short. I doubt it will put an end to spitting, though. The flu is an ongoing pandemic that kills hundreds of thousands of people worldwide every year and mutates fast enough to make prevention practically impossible. This Chinese Coronavirus is the same and is here to stay unfortunately. It's still the right thing to suspend the season for now.

The NHL has paused their season.  That makes it sound like they will be back.  

8 minutes ago, Sessh said:

MLB suspended operations indefinitely. The same as the other leagues.

• weams changed the title to MLB (Orioles) suspended indefinitely
30 minutes ago, atomic said:

The NHL has paused their season.  That makes it sound like they will be back.  

I hear they have cancelled the couple weeks left in the regular season and when/if they restart it will be with the playoffs.

45 minutes ago, oh-wee-ohs said:

Loogie Hocking. Sunflower seed spitting. Water bottle squirting. Bathroom sharing. Locker proximity. The list goes on. "No high fives" is a little short-sighted.  How often do you touch your face out of habit? I've noticed over a hundred times a day for me. Even knowing I shouldn't I catch myself doing it all day.

A local college did a study, the average adult, touches the G zone at least 23 times an hour.

Im old as dirt, you know how hard it is for me to be out and about and not shake hands?

Its ingrain and heck, I cant even cough into my elbow, and my grandkids let me know, when I forget