MLB: Meet Yusniel DIaz

weams

On 3/1/2020 at 11:07 AM, Rich Mac said:

I'm also planning a vacation to the Caribbean this year and if I was to go to Jamaica (which I'm definitely not) it would only be to corporate Jamaica where I could hide behind guarded fences. There is definitely a violent crime problem there...stay safe Mr. Diaz.

https://www.osac.gov/Country/Jamaica/Content/Detail/Report/1d98b2df-fd4b-485f-aa62-15f4aed245ef

May I highly recommend St Maarten?  If you enjoy beaches, snorkeling and AMAZING food choices.  I experienced french food for the first time there.  I ended up ordering more scallops for dessert because they were better than chocolate.  No lie.  Pricey but amazing.  I don't remember the name of the restaurant but it was a small house converted into a restaurant.  On the french side obviously.  The dutch side had some pretty amazing restaurants too.  One piece of advice though ... if you go to the nude beach expect to be disgusted.  I'm going to leave it at that.

On 3/6/2020 at 9:29 AM, Chuck A said:

May I highly recommend St Maarten?  If you enjoy beaches, snorkeling and AMAZING food choices.  I experienced french food for the first time there.  I ended up ordering more scallops for dessert because they were better than chocolate.  No lie.  Pricey but amazing.  I don't remember the name of the restaurant but it was a small house converted into a restaurant.  On the french side obviously.  The dutch side had some pretty amazing restaurants too.  One piece of advice though ... if you go to the nude beach expect to be disgusted.  I'm going to leave it at that.

I have found, from my very limited experience, that the people you see on nude beaches are not the people that you want to see on nude beaches.

I was actually looking at St. Maarten. This may sound kinda geeky, but one of the biggest draws for me is Maho Beach and the Princess Juliana runway. I'm an aviation dork and feel like I should make the pilgrimage there at some point in my life.

The biggest problem is that my wife prefers all-inclusives and there really aren't any on St. Maarten. Otherwise, I'd pull the trigger.

10 hours ago, Rich Mac said:

I have found, from my very limited experience, that the people you see on nude beaches are not the people that you want to see on nude beaches.

I was actually looking at St. Maarten. This may sound kinda geeky, but one of the biggest draws for me is Maho Beach and the Princess Juliana runway. I'm an aviation dork and feel like I should make the pilgrimage there at some point in my life.

The biggest problem is that my wife prefers all-inclusives and there really aren't any on St. Maarten. Otherwise, I'd pull the trigger.

Spot on about the nude beaches.  I would 100% go back to St Maarten when the budget allows.  The airport is tiny.  Customs was just plain miserable.  One word of caution ... buy the additional insurance on your rental car.  Damned wild goats like to walk over parked cars, never seen anything like it. 

On 3/4/2020 at 7:05 PM, VaBird1 said:

Why is one ok but not the other?

Heroin and cannabis are not equal. Nobody ever has ODed on THC. After nearly a century of mercenary science and judicial malfeasance, the majority of the country has begun to reject the notion that cannabis and opioids are even similar.

Some of the loudest voices in favor of testing for cannabis in order to punish users are people who drink alcohol. And most Americans imbibe the legal mind-altering substance caffeine - which has never been subject to punishment or even rebuke - despite people having died from excessive caffeine consumption (from powder or pills, not tea or coffee). Obviously, some people have failed to reach the level of understanding that cannabis is less similar to opioids when it comes to physical and psychological damage than caffeine and alcohol are.

4 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

Heroin and cannabis are not equal. Nobody ever has ODed on THC. After nearly a century of mercenary science and judicial malfeasance, the majority of the country has begun to reject the notion that cannabis and opioids are even similar.

Some of the loudest voices in favor of testing for cannabis in order to punish users are people who drink alcohol. And most Americans imbibe the legal mind-altering substance caffeine - which has never been subject to punishment or even rebuke - despite people having died from excessive caffeine consumption (from powder or pills, not tea or coffee). Obviously, some people have failed to reach the level of understanding that cannabis is less similar to opioids when it comes to physical and psychological damage than caffeine and alcohol are.

You can overdose on THC.  Maybe you mean toxic overdose?

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You can overdose on THC.  Maybe you mean toxic overdose?

Yes, by "OD," I meant "to die." You will note that I used the term "OD," not "overdose." Death is the overwhelmingly commonly accepted connotation of the phrase, "OD."

By your qualification, one could "overdose" on fresh air or happiness. I am trying to guess the odds that Moose would place on you ever in the past having "overdosed" on happiness. 

14 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

Yes, by "OD," I meant "to die." You will note that I used the term "OD," not "overdose." Death is the overwhelmingly commonly accepted connotation of the phrase, "OD."

By your qualification, one could "overdose" on fresh air or happiness. I am trying to guess the odds that Moose would place on you ever in the past having "overdosed" on happiness. 

/shrug.

It is possible to overdose and from what I've read it's a bad time.  It isn't harmless.

4 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

I don’t have a problem with people using heroin.  I know lots of people who do.  Just seems like all are illegal so why choose one.

4 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

This is a ridiculous paragraph.

10 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

/shrug.

It is possible to overdose and from what I've read it's a bad time.  It isn't harmless.

The "bad time" you are referring to is usually, at worst, what people call paranoia. That's unpleasant whether it is part of your normal psychological make-up or the result of imbibing a substance, whether alcohol or blueberry pie. Neither alcohol nor blueberry pie could be considered "harmless," using your term. Meanwhile, overeating and indigestion can create a "bad time," as well, as can stress, depression, insomnia, narcissism (ahem), OCD, etc. Many of those maladies can be alleviated for some people by the usage of THC and/or CBD. But that was never my point. And you knew it. Every reader knew what I meant by OD, especially after reading that people "died from excessive caffeine consumption" But you insisted on attempting to "correct" me, trying to be dominant.

btw: I get that pedantry is your schtick, but you misused the term "toxic overdose" in a failed attempt to equate it to "death by overdose." When you purported that the phrase, "toxic overdose," indicates that a person has died, you failed to recognize the fact that many people recover from toxic overdose when treated in time.

PS: Your ceaseless pedantry is annoying to most everyone, though occasionally, it can be amusing. Mostly, however, it is worrisome. And I am not trying to be funny by saying that.