MLB suspended, Opening Day delayed indefinitely UPDATED

interloper

1 minute ago, backwardsk said:

He being Cuomo here?

Yes.  He seems to want all 20,000 ventilators in public stockpile.  Says he will give them to other jurisdictions once they have passed their peak.  And he will send doctors and nurses to other places in the country once they have passed their peak. 

I don't think that is realistic. If they reach their peak in 21 days and people need to be on ventilators for say 10 days on average.  That would be a month out before they even saw a decline in people on people being on ventilators. 

36 minutes ago, atomic said:

Yes.  He seems to want all 20,000 ventilators in public stockpile.  Says he will give them to other jurisdictions once they have passed their peak.  And he will send doctors and nurses to other places in the country once they have passed their peak. 

I didn't hear anything about this, but, I don't believe he has authority to send anyone anywhere without their permission.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

NY Governor says 14 to 21 days to peak which is bad that it is coming so quickly.   Says they have 10,000 ventilators. Need 40,000 ventilators.  He says needs them in 14 days.  They have no where to get them.   Says federal government has 20,000 ventilators in stockpile but won't release them. Won't use Defense Powers act to get companies to get company to build them.  

3M said they were shipping something like 500k ventilators.

1 hour ago, MongoBoy said:

I didn't hear anything about this, but, I don't believe he has authority to send anyone anywhere without their permission.

Yeah he does not.  Perhaps doctors and nurses will want to volunteer but I think after they get through what is happening in NY they aren't going to want to go anywhere.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Camden_yardbird said:

3M said they were shipping something like 500k ventilators.

Respirators. Ventilators are much more complex . I know  GM  is working  with GE on this.  . Don't want to mess up a ventilator which is much more complex.  But some doctor in Canada ,did some rigging and made nine ventilators out of only one. 

Stay safe everyone. Crazy few weeks ahead. 

Leave you with a thread by a ER in NYC:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, makoman said:

Additionally, one would hope that at some point the social distancing would start leading to fewer and fewer cases. That's the point after all.

Eventually.   But it's going to go up quite a bit before it comes down.   Social distancing will slow that rise but it won't stop it for quite a while.

And don't do this either. One person at least has died after drinking this with soda and a few others are sick.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/sales-of-fish-tank-additive-skyrocket-after-studies-say-it-could-treat-coronavirus/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Also now a shortage of this . I guess Lupus patients and others with other immune system problems  are out of luck. Some doctors and others are hoarding the  drug. What a f'd up country. 

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/927307

15 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Eventually.   But it's going to go up quite a bit before it comes down.   Social distancing will slow that rise but it won't stop it for quite a while.

Also if this is somewhat true makes it even harder.

The coronavirus RNA was found on surfaces of the Princess Cruise ship up to 17 days after passengers disembarked, new research by the CDC shows.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/23/cdc-coronavirus-survived-in-princess-cruise-cabins-up-to-17-days-after-passengers-left.html

19 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Also if this is somewhat true makes it even harder.

The coronavirus RNA was found on surfaces of the Princess Cruise ship up to 17 days after passengers disembarked, new research by the CDC shows.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/23/cdc-coronavirus-survived-in-princess-cruise-cabins-up-to-17-days-after-passengers-left.html

I thought Princess Cruise shutdown for 60 days so they would not spread the virus?