MLB suspended, Opening Day delayed indefinitely UPDATED

interloper

16 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm sure all the facilities have minor league fields that could be co-opted for the duration. 

The Arizona League uses the spring training ballparks  to play. So 10 spring training facilities and a few college stadiums and one MLB ballpark . I am sure they will want to keep the players in the general Phoenix area . Don't want the players spread out all over the state.

3 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

The Arizona League uses the spring training ballparks  to play. So 10 spring training facilities and a few college stadiums and one MLB ballpark . I am sure they will want to keep the players in the general Phoenix area . Don't want the players spread out all over the state.

What I am saying is that each of those ballparks probably have a perfectly playable minor league field adjacent to them.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dreadnought said:

Good point.  

Good point.  Playing increases the chances of being out-tanked.

That's quitter talk!

Have faith in our team, have you seen the lineup with Mancini out?  Have you seen all the pitcher injuries in Tony's sim?  They can do this!

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

As my PBS station said ,one to two hours of news a day . Do other things  to make yourself happy. Not healthy to watch the news all day.

I'm listening to Tin Machine, Steve Marriott and enjoying the Florida Sun. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, jarman86 said:

There are 10 active spring training stadiums in Phoenix.  Plus Diamondbacks stadium.  There is also Phoenix Municipal Stadium where the A's used to play before moving to Sloan.  Arizona State plays there.  Finally, ASU's old baseball stadium I believe is still usable.  That gives 14 stadiums.  So, perhaps one day game at Diamondbacks Stadium in the closed environment and then 14 night games?  I'm still not sure why they would send East coast teams to Arizona and not Florida.  

One they said is because the stadiums are real close to each other in Arizona. Second the modeling for Florida and Arizona at the present time shows much more hospitalizations and deaths in Florida. Maybe they think in Arizona less disruption to essential services at this time.

Just now, Going Underground said:

One they said is because the stadiums are real close to each other in Arizona. Second the modeling for Florida and Arizona at the present time shows much more hospitalizations and deaths in Florida. Maybe they think in Arizona less disruption to essential services at this time.

Right on both counts.  Florida is still a month away from the projected peak in cases.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I thought we had all gotten together and agreed that Tin Machine never happened?

That was the band with Soupy Sales' kids in it right?

Not me. I lived next to Soupy Sales' ex-wife. Their mother. 

• Upvote 1