Yankees Bomb Orioles 7-2 (sim)

Tony-OH

58 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Wow, our crappy rotation is snakebit. Pirates got another journeyman we can trade for?

Also, FYI, your writeup didn't say why LeBlanc left the game

"Wade LeBlanc who got leadoff hitter Brett Gardner out then had to leave the game after holding his wrist ."

The Orioles 10 sim games at a time:

Davis 1-for-15.  Can't be fooled by spring training!  Can we release him now?

Hunter Harvey 2.000 OPS and 0.21 WHIP - team MVP?

Has the league figured out John Means?  3 HR and BABIP of only .286 say he's earned his 9.00 ERA.

Is Renato more or less than Ty Wigginton on the guys you would never believe are 1-time All-Stars scale?

In my sim...ugh, just ugh.

Orioles tagged Cole for 7 runs IN THE FIRST INNING, Nunez hit a homer, Santander hit a homer,  Ruiz hit a homer.  Cole can't make it out of the first!!!  The Yankees chipped away a little bit but I extended the lead to 10-3.  And then Cobb just $#!*@ the bed all over the place, gave almost all of it back.  Urshela hit a 3 run homer to make it 10-6 in the 5th.  And I just wanted Cobb to get through 5, I felt like that wasn't too much to ask.  Then Stanton hits a 3 run homer and it's 10-9.

Bottom of the 6th, Voit tied it with a double.  And into extra innings it went...into the 11th.  12th....13th.  I'm wearing out their bullpen, working counts, I survived Ottavino, Britton, Chapman.  I'm coming up with key double plays, I'm playing shifts and they're working.  Every pitching move I make works.  I get two great innings from Fry, I get another two innings from Kopech (yes, I traded for him).

14th inning.  Still knotted at 10.  Ruiz starts it with a single.  And then PAT @#*%ING VALAIKA GOES DEEP.  12-10!  I'm gonna win!

So I bring in Hunter Harvey because Kopech is gassed and I have Bleier warming just in case.  Harvey promptly walks Gardner.  And then he walks Voit.  And then Harvey gets injured because that's what Harvey does.  

In comes Bleier who strikes out Torres.  Then Stanton singles softly up the middle to load the bases for...Gary Sanchez.

And then Sanchez tattoos it 434 feet.  Game winning, walk off Grand Slam.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

In my sim...ugh, just ugh.

Orioles tagged Cole for 7 runs IN THE FIRST INNING, Nunez hit a homer, Santander hit a homer,  Ruiz hit a homer.  Cole can't make it out of the first!!!  The Yankees chipped away a little bit but I extended the lead to 10-3.  And then Cobb just $#!*@ the bed all over the place, gave almost all of it back.  Urshela hit a 3 run homer to make it 10-6 in the 5th.  And I just wanted Cobb to get through 5, I felt like that wasn't too much to ask.  Then Stanton hits a 3 run homer and it's 10-9.

Bottom of the 6th, Voit tied it with a double.  And into extra innings it went...into the 11th.  12th....13th.  I'm wearing out their bullpen, working counts, I survived Ottavino, Britton, Chapman.  I'm coming up with key double plays, I'm playing shifts and they're working.  Every pitching move I make works.  I get two great innings from Fry, I get another two innings from Kopech (yes, I traded for him).

14th inning.  Still knotted at 10.  Ruiz starts it with a single.  And then PAT @#*%ING VALAIKA GOES DEEP.  12-10!  I'm gonna win!

So I bring in Hunter Harvey because Kopech is gassed and I have Bleier warming just in case.  Harvey promptly walks Gardner.  And then he walks Voit.  And then Harvey gets injured because that's what Harvey does.  

In comes Bleier who strikes out Torres.  Then Stanton singles softly up the middle to load the bases for...Gary Sanchez.

And then Sanchez tattoos it 434 feet.  Game winning, walk off Grand Slam.  

At least it was exciting. :D

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, it was.  But as soon as the first two Yankees got on in the 14th, it's exactly like real life.  You don't know how it's gonna happen, you just know it's gonna happen.

That's what made 5/6/2012 so magical. You knew the Orioles were going to blow it...and then they didn't. That was when I realized we might have something special that year

• Upvote 1

Also in my '86 Mets season, I traded for Ozzie Smith as I didn't like Rafael Santana at SS.  I traded George Foster and my hotshot minor leaguer, Gregg Jeffries.  When STL asked for Jeffries in the deal I laughed and gladly threw him in there.  Jeffries never amounted to much in real life.  

Then I remembered this wasn't real life.  

So far the funniest thing in doing this simulation was the guy on our Facbeook Group site who was mad at me because the Yankees kept beating the Orioles and told me I should be saying it the other way around.

Then there was another guy who told me the simulation was unrealistic and that's why they play the game! :D

• Haha 1