Bleier struggles as the Cubs win 5-2 (sim)

Tony-OH

5 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

This is why I can't run sims like this, with real teams.  I know deep down Bleier can't succeed long-term with his strikeout rate, so I already would have traded him for a bag of balls and replaced him with a submarining knuckleballer I found in an obscure indy league.

He's been money up until this outing, but he was bad today. 

2 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Your Strength and Conditioning Coach needs to be fired ASAP. 

What is that, 4 injuries in 4 games between Baltimore and Norfolk?

It's been a bad run over the last week despite just the one loss. The fact that Cobb's injury is taking so long to diagnose tells me he will be out awhile. 

I think Hays will be back sooner than later though. Probably no need for a IL trip. Mullins is hitting well in AAA so we'll see if we need to bring him up or let Velazquez and Williams get some extra ABs.

25 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It's been a bad run over the last week despite just the one loss. The fact that Cobb's injury is taking so long to diagnose tells me he will be out awhile. 

I think Hays will be back sooner than later though. Probably no need for a IL trip. Mullins is hitting well in AAA so we'll see if we need to bring him up or let Velazquez and Williams get some extra ABs.

Sounds stressful managing a virtual baseball team, don't pick up any bad habits like smoking to deal with the pressure. ?

10 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Sounds stressful managing a virtual baseball team, don't pick up any bad habits like smoking to deal with the pressure. ?

Haha. It's actually pretty fun. Every time an injury occurs means more opportunity for someone new. You never know who will step up. 

And as someone who has never smoked anything in his life, I'm pretty sure heavy drinking would happen first! :D

10 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Haha. It's actually pretty fun. Every time an injury occurs means more opportunity for someone new. You never know who will step up. 

And as someone who has never smoked anything in his life, I'm pretty sure heavy drinking would happen first! :D

Rather than Two Pack Stanhouse for Earl, it would be Six Pack Givens for you...lol.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

https://www.orioleshangout.com/2020/04/15/bats-break-out-in-11-4-win-over-pirates-2-2-3-2/

Austin Hays comes out of game with a leg injury. no news yet on Cobb.

As awful as this pandemic has been sports wise, this does provide a bright couple of minutes each day.  As I said earlier, these simulations feel extremely real.  Probably a few of the neurons that fire watching a baseball game are in action when I read these.  Thanks again Tony.

25 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

As awful as this pandemic has been sports wise, this does provide a bright couple of minutes each day.  As I said earlier, these simulations feel extremely real.  Probably a few of the neurons that fire watching a baseball game are in action when I read these.  Thanks again Tony.

Thanks for the feedback, glad you are enjoying it. It's actually fun for me to do this every night and it gives me that little baseball fix myself. I've never done a season daily like this so it gives me more time to look over the waiver wire, the minor leagues and around the league and look where injury issues could make a trade opportunity happen. 

I don't know how many people are following but I'm trying to add in as much information as possible. I wish OOTP made it easily to publish pages from the game without screen capture, but it's a bit of a process to get those boxscores in there but I know it adds to the enjoyment and understanding of what has been going on.

52 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Thanks for the feedback, glad you are enjoying it. It's actually fun for me to do this every night and it gives me that little baseball fix myself. I've never done a season daily like this so it gives me more time to look over the waiver wire, the minor leagues and around the league and look where injury issues could make a trade opportunity happen. 

I don't know how many people are following but I'm trying to add in as much information as possible. I wish OOTP made it easily to publish pages from the game without screen capture, but it's a bit of a process to get those boxscores in there but I know it adds to the enjoyment and understanding of what has been going on.

Does you have the standings somewhere?...how does it work about other team games...does it provide you with details of non Orioles games?  Thanks!! 

11 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Does you have the standings somewhere?...how does it work about other team games...does it provide you with details of non Orioles games?  Thanks!! 

Baseball-Reference.com is also simulating the 2020 season and you can view the stats & standings here: https://www.baseball-reference.com/sim/leagues/MLB/2020.shtml

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Agreed.

Do you have season stats for the Orioles to this point?