So it appears the following 40-man roster players are not on the initial list:

Pitchers:
Keegan Akin
Dean Kremer
Evan Phillips

Infielders: 
Ryan Mountcastle
Ramon Urias

I'm not sure why they are not on the list as I though all 40-man roster guys were supposed to be in the list. 

Phillips and Kremer were hurt this spring so maybe that has something to do with them. 

I am pretty sure Mullins and McKenna are also on the 40 though Orioles.com does not list them.  They were optioned in March.

I don't think that all the 40 man roster has to be on the 60 man list.

9 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

So it appears the following 40-man roster players are not on the initial list:

Pitchers:
Keegan Akin
Dean Kremer
Evan Phillips

Infielders: 
Ryan Mountcastle
Ramon Urias

I'm not sure why they are not on the list as I though all 40-man roster guys were supposed to be in the list. 

Phillips and Kremer were hurt this spring so maybe that has something to do with them. 

No it is explicitly stated that 40 man guys do not have to be on the list.  

The list is just to take the place of having a minor league system full of guys practicing/playing every day to bring up as needed.  Its possible that teams have guys on their 40 that they never would have called up during a normal season so they don't have to put them on the list.  McKenna might be an example for us.

34 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I am pretty sure Mullins and McKenna are also on the 40 though Orioles.com does not list them.  They were optioned in March.

I don't think that all the 40 man roster has to be on the 60 man list.

Yeah, I did too and that's what I used. 

I found out that all 40-man players do not need to be on the 60-man lists.

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Yep, missed them or some reason. I'll add them on my previous post.

In this post last night I broke down all the differences between the camp roster when camp was shut down in March, and the 44 guys on the 60 man list so far:

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Anyone else finding themselves not caring as much?

Not me. Even as petty as I find the players and owners squabbling over a few $100K to a couple mill per player... I just CAN'T WAIT for some f-ing baseball!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Not me. Even as petty as I find the players and owners squabbling over a few $100K to a couple mill per player... I just CAN'T WAIT for some f-ing baseball!

Maybe I'll get more excited as the date gets closer.  But I just looked at the names on that roster and...well, ugh.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Maybe I'll get more excited as the date gets closer.  But I just looked at the names on that roster and...well, ugh.

Well... as baseball starts back up :clap:

We are left with with our roster and situation as it is... ?

BETTER times ahead brother!

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Looks at the bright side. DEEP in a rebuild... this year doesn't count. So... we've like gained a year on everyone else! :D

3 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Our 44 can beat any other team's 60. Quite a statement by Elias. 

Roch said this morning ME is having a zoomie call with the press later today. Should be interesting...

He won't say anything but a few tidbits of info should sneak thru. I'm sure the Hangout will dissect and parse every word and phrase and line! :clap:

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

They announced other players will be added. The Orioles may be waiting to see how MLB is going to handle the "taxi squad" and the what the Fall League will look like for minor leaguers.

This is why guys like Mountcastle, Akin, Zimmerman, and Kremer are in limbo a bit. (though strangely, only Zimmerman is not on the 40-man)

Another reason is that players can be easily added to the roster, but must be put on waivers if they are taken off so there's no reason to put all 60 on there until they know how everything is going to be handled.

If a player makes the 30-man roster, they accrue major league service time like any other year, but apparently there may be something about if you hold back a player for seven games it won't count as a season, which could mean we see Mountcastle and maybe some others shortly after the rosters get down to 28 players two weeks in the season. Still not 100 percent sure on this but it's what I'm hearing. 

You think there will be a Fall League?

Also something that's been sneaking into my head... You think (or anyone think) we'll try to get some guys winter ball action just for some reps?

edit: especially guys who don't make the 60-man. In theory they're going to get ZERO playing time this year.

9 minutes ago, scOtt said:

You think there will be a Fall League?

If circumstances allow, the Australian winter league (November to February) might have a big opportunity on its hands, or (in very fortunate circumstances) the AFL might play more robustly than top bats beating up on C/D pitching prospects, or the occasional B one making up IP from an injury abbreviated summer.

If Arizona is reasonably safe, I imagine MLB has flexibility to grow that league calendar if it wants to.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

If circumstances allow, the Australian winter league (November to February) might have a big opportunity on its hands, or (in very fortunate circumstances) the AFL might play more robustly than top bats beating up on C/D pitching prospects, or the occasional B one making up IP from an injury abbreviated summer.

If Arizona is reasonably safe, I imagine MLB has flexibility to grow that league calendar if it wants to.

Arizona and Florida look bleak.   I have a daughter in Arizona and a niece in Florida.  They both think the Governors have put them in a big hole that is going to take a long while to get out of.

I have no idea where it would be safer to plan on a Fall League.

32 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

Australia sounds interesting! I know (from youboob car shows) they've relaxed their lockdowns. Altho that relaxing could have bad consequences (like here in the States...)

edit: I'd trust Australia's extreme Nanny State government to only relax the lockdown if it was REALLY safe. A lot more than the [insert disparaging term here...] Governors here in the US. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1