vs. D-RAYS, 7/31

OFFNY

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29394527/the-hero-goodall-park-true-crime-drama-50-years-making

The drama-documentary on this was on ESPNews during the rain delay. I hadn't heard about this before. Very emotional, sad, and weird:

1. Douglas Parkhurst hit and killed a 4 year old girl in 1968. It sent the girl flying.

2. He died at the age of 68 when Carol Sharrow hit him during a psychotic/bipolar episode at Goodall Park during a children's baseball game. He was the only one who died. He moved kids out of the way of the car and tried to shut the gate of the park so she couldn't escape. The impact sent him flying. 

So damn weird. The year vs. his age; the way he died... all weird. And sad.

Back to the game. ?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I don’t miss Manny, but sometimes I remember how we took his elite defense for granted. That ball wouldn’t have gotten by Manny.

Plenty of 3Bmen make that play. I like Ruiz's offense, but I don't see him playing third on a contending team.

8 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

What happened in the last five minutes?

A whole lot...

oh, you mean baseball....

oh I’m just pondering what an incredible fiasco this season is. Now the Cardinals are sitting tonight, Hays is at the plate wearing a mask(?) we have 7-inning double headers, and a threat from Manfred that the boys need to behave.

SERENITY NOW!!

1 minute ago, allquixotic said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29394527/the-hero-goodall-park-true-crime-drama-50-years-making

The drama-documentary on this was on ESPNews during the rain delay. I hadn't heard about this before. Very emotional, sad, and weird:

1. Douglas Parkhurst hit and killed a 4 year old girl in 1968. It sent the girl flying.

2. He died at the age of 68 when Carol Sharrow hit him during a psychotic/bipolar episode at Goodall Park during a children's baseball game. He was the only one who died. He moved kids out of the way of the car and tried to shut the gate of the park so she couldn't escape. The impact sent him flying. 

So damn weird. The year vs. his age; the way he died... all weird. And sad.

Back to the game. ?

I was watching that. Was a very strange story.

• Upvote 1