Going for the Sweep (vs. NATIONALS, 8/09)

OFFNY

2 minutes ago, O-The-Memories said:

Can someone explain to me what exactly happened? Did they just botch getting the tarp out? I went away for a bit and missed all of it on the radio feed.

Looks like it wasn’t rolled back up properly. They couldn’t get it on the infield. It was the tarp version of a knotted extension cord. Wasn’t like the wind was blowing them around either. 

3 minutes ago, O-The-Memories said:

Can someone explain to me what exactly happened? Did they just botch getting the tarp out? I went away for a bit and missed all of it on the radio feed.

It looked like the tarp wasn't rolled up right, all tangled. They could barely push it. Then part of it rolled up over the roll so as they were unrolling part of it another part was rolling up. Then they had to roll it backwards to get that straightened out. This all took like 10, 15 minutes. All the while it was POURING rain. The whole infield was one standing pool of water.

4 minutes ago, scOtt said:

It looked like the tarp wasn't rolled up right, all tangled. They could barely push it. Then part of it rolled up over the roll so as they were unrolling part of it another part was rolling up. Then they had to roll it backwards to get that straightened out. This all took like 10, 15 minutes. All the while it was POURING rain. The whole infield was one standing pool of water.

Your description made me laugh out loud all over again

Just now, eddie83 said:

I think with Covid some rules have been tweaked this year. 

I agree though. It’s Nats fault. They should own it. 

Everything I see now it was just applied to if a game was not official.

Looking forward to Hyde’s response. 

7 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Basically, it looked like they were trying to make up a bed while still in it.

I know, I've tried it. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Someone explain to me how that makes sense?  They played five.

Because it isn't weather related. It was based on the grounds crew's incompetence. Same as if there was a power outage, the game is postponed to resume at a later date, not called entirely.