vs. PHILLIES, 8/11

OFFNY

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• It sucks for us on the East Coast that have jobs too!  
    • You can't come back if you were never there.
    • I'm already prepping myself to be outraged if Suarez doesn't win Comeback Player of the Year
    • Today is the day that we find out whether Burnes was worth the trade. Yes, he's had a very good year overall despite the 5 week time period where he did not pitch all that well, but he was acquired to be the TOR for the playoffs.  He will set the tone for the playoffs by how he pitches today. A win today takes the pressure off the Orioles after their sweep last year and makes them a very dangerous team.
    • We are all so sorry for everything that has happened down there. How did you make out personally? Was your house affected? How do you feel the response has gone? Are people flocking in there to help? Is it not enough? Too much?   
    • Thanks everyone. We are in a bad way here. Things are still evolving but the devastation is off the charts. This is worse than the 1916 flood, which was the worst on record.  Thanks for the support. Many people are suffering. We have the hospital open and functioning in disaster mode. Doing our best in a really bad situation. I may try to check into OH for a break, now and then. Go O's!
    • I think Suarez earned the right to make one of the first 5 starts next year while at age 29 McDermott and Young are finishing whatever they need to do so the Orioles can control their age 37 seasons at Arb 2 if they are any good.     I might be off on the years. Povich's progress this past month was enticing enough I do think he is closer to Kremer in the 3/4 section of the rotation than a swingman. Suarez has been so good this year I think it is bad mojo between Elias and his clubhouse if he doesn't get a few turns early.    Clubs using detailed video analysis rigorously to spot mechanics they can fix to unlock this kind of production I also think overrides anything ZiPS or PECOTA or whatever floats your boat there would say about Suarez's demographics. If we don't sweep but survive, I think Friday is an interesting discussion if you use Povich or Suarez in Yankee Stadium Saturday.
  • Popular Contributors