vs. PHILLIES, 8/13

OFFNY

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

Right, but this is game 3 in a stretch of 13.444 games in 13 days. Going to have to dip into the minors for relievers and/or play Hess or Akin in a close game at some point.

Roch said something in his MASN article this morning that the Orioles and Nats both get an extra player for the regular game tomorrow.

I have no idea where that came from.   Last year they allowed an extra (26th) guy for doubleheaders.   This year they SAID before the season that you would only get the extra (27th) guy this year once the rosters went down to 26, and now they are not ever going down to 26.

So I don't know where Roch is getting that extra guy info from.   If true, that helps.   And we picked up that Lopez guy who has to be added to the MLB roster as soon as he passes Covid testing, don't know the timetable on that.   And we have announced starters for Fri & Sat and Means isn't one of them so he won't be added until Sunday at the earliest, when he might take the spot of a reliever or Holaday.

But yeah, since we haven't had a starter go 6 all year, you pretty much have to assume we need a minimum of 8 innings of relief tomorrow and have to manage today accordingly.

9 minutes ago, SteveA said:

He went all out using his best relievers two nights in a row to win the series.

So today was always going to be icing on the cake.   If we won it was going to have to be with Eshelman and 2nd tier relievers.   I was nervous going in, but at least I could be happy in the knowledge we'd already won the series.

And hey, we have 3 more innings for one of the top 5 offenses in baseball to face the worst bullpen in baseball...no reason we don't add a few more runs here.

See

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Knowing I was working til 7 I didn't expect to see any of this game but I'm here know.  Listened to our big inning on the drive home.

So it wasn't bad judgement for Rio to make the first out at 3rd?  Ruzious says so, but he's got "Ruiz" in his name so he might just be standing up for his distant cousin.

I wish.  Cuz has a nice future ahead of him.  

2 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Why don't they use Akin out of the pen to eat some innings and save the pen?  I know it's high pressure for a rookie, but I'm afraid they're over-working the pen.  

I think if it’s a 162 they might. Not here. 

That is a concern.