Gnats vs. Orioles 8-14

scOtt

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm sure that Rangers guy is just delightful.

He is. But you know he’s not the only good guy out there, and you also know that those guys aren’t.

Meanwhile, why didn’t Hyde get someone up sooner? This half-inning is taking forever.

Just now, O's84 said:

There is some bad luck for sure, by we set ourselves up with the poor defense.  Gotta keep it here though, can't afford to give up anymore runs.

Yeah, we score 5+ runs over 70% of the time so it's not over.  But it's hard to see us not allowing more runs with Carroll getting ready.

3 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

I was hoping to see Akin today. Surprised he’s not the first up in a long relief situation. 

Well you don't want to follow a lefty starter with a lefty reliever.  The other team has a lineup set up for a lefty.

But Hyde sure doesn't want to use Akin, it seems.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's just because he isn't a 17 year old Dominican.

No.  He's a pudgy faced applejohn who liked some racist stuff on twitter.  

I'm half kidding, about which half you think I'm kidding about is up to you.  But overall he seems like a middling prospect, the type OH loves to dream on because we don't learn lessons.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

He is. But you know he’s not the only good guy out there, and you also know that those guys aren’t.

Meanwhile, why didn’t Hyde get someone up sooner? This half-inning is taking forever.

Milone really wasn't that bad.  Yeah he gave up a few legitimate hits but the defense really let him down.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

I was hoping to see Akin today. Surprised he’s not the first up in a long relief situation. 

I thought there was a 7.8% chance he might "start" the suspended game.

I don't know... I don't see the point in bringing him up but I don't know if he'll pitch at all. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes back down for Means.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

No.  He's a pudgy faced applejohn who liked some racist stuff on twitter.  

I'm half kidding, about which half you think I'm kidding about is up to you.  But overall he seems like a middling prospect, the type OH loves to dream on because we don't learn lessons.

I'm not expecting anything from him.