vs. NATIONALS, 8/15

OFFNY

My soul dies a little every time Ben says a 0.00 ERA pitcher doesn't have an ERA.

They do have an ERA, Ben.  It's zero.  That's a number.

The only pitchers that don't have an ERA are the ones who haven't recorded an out yet, because you can't calculate ERA without innings pitched.  

Can someone please make sure he gets the memo?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Well, I must offer a Mea culpa on Scott. He seems to have taken a big step forward, and kudos to him for that.

im not completely sold, but I’m a lot more hopeful.

I’d be happiest if Castro and Scott get warm together and if one sucks the other can come in.

and why aren’t they delaying the game???

6 minutes ago, Philip said:

Well, I must offer a Mea culpa on Scott. He seems to have taken a big step forward, and kudos to him for that.

im not completely sold, but I’m a lot more hopeful.

I’d be happiest if Castro and Scott get warm together and if one sucks the other can come in.

and why aren’t they delaying the game???

I think the rain always looks worse on TV than in real life.

3 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

My soul dies a little every time Ben says a 0.00 ERA pitcher doesn't have an ERA.

They do have an ERA, Ben.  It's zero.  That's a number.

The only pitchers that don't have an ERA are the ones who haven't recorded an out yet, because you can't calculate ERA without innings pitched.  

Can someone please make sure he gets the memo?

It is strange that nobody at MASN has mentioned it to Ben, of if someone has mentioned it he's ignored it.

It's the difference between Daniel Simpson Day's GPA (has no grade point average --  never explained but who cares?) and Blutarsky's 0.0 GPA.

• Haha 1