Just met Al Bumbry

Mooreisbetter27

1 hour ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Came into my job.  We chatted briefly and I got an autograph.

Curses a fair amount.  :D

Also apparently not a fan of Mike Elias not hiring him.  Too funny.

Cool experience. 

Good friend of mine was in a golf tourney with him last year..played in his 4some.

He said he cussed the whole round and was a pretty funny guy.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

He came into my job.  We chatted briefly, and I got his autograph.

He curses a fair amount. ) :D

Also, he is apparently not a fan of Mike Elias not hiring him ........ too funny.

Cool experience. 

o

You met Al Bumbry ???

I didn't meet Al Bumbry.

You bastard.

o

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Cool experience. 

Pretty awesome Congrats...... Glad I’m not the only fan who doesn’t like Elias!

4 hours ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Cool experience. 

Literally never met a guy who curses more and I spent 20 years in the Army! :D

Cool dude though. I've enjoyed my conversations with him back in the day.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, joelala said:

Cool! I used to play baseball against his son in  little league and then also in HS. Son was a good player, I think he went on to play college ball somewhere. 

You do know his son Steven played in the Orioles system for a few years, right?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, joelala said:

Cool! I used to play baseball against his son in  little league and then also in HS. Son was a good player, I think he went on to play college ball somewhere. 

Steve Bumbry played at Virginia Tech.   I saw him a few times, including once when VT was playing at Maryland at College Park.   Al was sitting a few rows away with a friend watching his son play.   I didn't bother him.

And I think he wound up in the Orioles organization for a little while.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I met Al Bumbry a long time ago when I was a kid. He didn't curse and now I'm disappointed. 

Same here.  He signed my first glove.  Met him and the Orioles Bird while he was in a cast for his broken leg (Bumbry, not the Bird).  I was a little kid and was in awe.

14 hours ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Cool experience. 

Would love to hear him in the booth!  Especially now! :)

Met him and got an autograph at a YMCA / little league event when I was a kid.  He was my favorite Oriole, so it was very exciting.

26 minutes ago, drjohnnyfeva said:

Would love to hear him in the booth!  Especially now! :)

Met him and got an autograph at a YMCA / little league event when I was a kid.  He was my favorite Oriole, so it was very exciting.

He's on Wall To Wall baseball with Tom Davis fairly often. Still an Oriole thru and thru.

• Thanks 1