Trades: And so it begins!

HowAboutThat

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

This was probably done as a favor to the player.

I don't remember, were you upset when you found out Dan blatantly violated the rules?

Exactly how much should the player have been sold for you not to be upset?

Unlike you, I am not aware of every little transaction's details.  If this has been done before, it was wrong then, too.  There is a set procedure.  Trading the guy for a dollar merely allows the receiving team to get the player without worrying that a team that has a worse record claims him.  Favor to the ream getting the player, obviously.  Favor to the player?  How?

3 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Unlike you, I am not aware of every little transaction's details.  If this has been done before, it was wrong then, too.  There is a set procedure.  Trading the guy for a dollar merely allows the receiving team to get the player without worrying that a team that has a worse record claims him.  Favor to the ream getting the player, obviously.  Favor to the player?  How?

Because the player gets to stay in the majors and knows where he is headed.  Maybe the Yankees were his choice of destination.

I will ask again, how much would have needed to change hands for this to be acceptable to you?

And were you so vocally upset when Dan actually did break the rules?

1 hour ago, Aglets said:

Big blockbuster this morning.  Padres acquire Clevinger.

Padres sending quite a few players back.   Twitter saying the Indians got fleeced, but probably Indian fans over valuing Clevinger.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/08/indians-trade-mike-clevinger-padres.html

Mike Minor going to the A's:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/08/athletics-acquire-mike-minor.html