Os system up to 8th according to MLB.com

Sports Guy

1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

Can’t tell if this is a joke.

By my count there are 9 guys from our top 30 that aren’t on the 60 man roster. If we assume most teams have something similar there’s a good chance some of those PTBNL’s are players that will boost our overall system. 

For reference, Tyler Nevin was roughly the 10th  best prospect for the Rockies and slots in around 20 here. A couple mid teen prospects make this system very deep.

• Upvote 1

8. Baltimore Orioles
2020 preseason rank:
2019 midseason rank: 13
2019 preseason rank: unranked
Top 100 Prospects: Adley Rutschman, C (No. 4), Grayson Rodriguez, RHP (No. 38), Heston Kjerstad, OF (No. 64), DL Hall, LHP (No. 73)

Picking at, or near the top of, the Draft for a few years in a row has certainly helped. In addition to the first-round picks, they added six total Top 30 players in the 2020 Draft and even added some depth with some sneaky-good Trade Deadline deals.

Looks like the Blue Jays managed to stay in front of us mostly on the shoulders of the Martin draft acquisition 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

I don’t put much stock into these types of rankings but....3rd in the AL east. It reminds me of the University of Tennessee having a top ten national recruiting class every year, but it’s still only the 7th best in the SEC.

Just because you're in a "stacked" conference or division doesn't diminish what you are doing on the trail or development.  Look at Terps football team.  They have the 19th ranked recruiting class in the nation, but 4th in the BIG for 2021.  Teams like these need to have consistently high ranked systems or classes to stay competitive and compete with the big guys.  Hope you consistently win 85-90 games a year (7-8 for CFB) and catch lightning in a bottle every couple of years and make a run.  It's the harsh reality of being in a division with teams that are deep pocketed or blue blood programs.

9 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Can’t tell if this is a joke.

Yeah Chuck ....this year the PTBNL is used for players that didn’t make the player pool. Many of them are younger guys that haven’t required a 40 man spot yet. But some of the 6 owed to the Orioles could very well fit into our top 30. 

I think 1 or 2 is probably realistic....but who knows. I think we can except pretty good players to complete the Givens and Castro deals. Elias indicated that they feel like they were getting a pretty good player for Bleier. I’m in the group not expecting much for Milone or Velazquez. But we have a chance of getting a good player for Milone since their system is so deep.

• Upvote 1