Rafael Devers Calcano - 3B

Xander Bogaerts - SS

Julio Daniel "J.D." Martinez - DH

Jackie Bradley, Jr. - CF

Kevin Jeffrey "K.J." Plawecki - C

Robert Dalbec - 1B

Michael Chavis - LF

Christian Arroyo - 2B

Nathan Edward Eovaldi - RHP )) (3-2, 4.25 ERA)

https://www.mlb.com/starting-lineups

o

I'm only seeing the box now, but health provided, not necessarily the worst thing to have the experience of one of these in 2020.

The flashes have been nice, but just as with Bedard 2004, I'll be looking to Kremer/Akin 2021 with a view that passing for a rookie SP is mostly being able to hold your job for 25-30 turns without the league making your team remove you from the rotation.  ERAs might hover in the 4.50 to 5.50 range, especially if they aren't getting the Openers/quick hooks to maximize MLB outcomes.

If Baumann, Hall or Rodriguez can muster a Mussina-like first 10 games, maybe I'll get my hopes up, but I've never hoped those kind of hopes for these guys.

Tough start, curious about what was going on with his hand, whether it was a blister or a cut, but he clearly was having issues.

Not sure how much you can take away from this start, sometimes you just don't have it.

Hopefully it wasn't a case of a hangover from drinking too much Manischewitz from the shofar while celebrating the new year.

22 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

He got squeezed on some more pitches tonight, specifically in the first inning.  I don't know if those would have made his start any better as he got hit around a bit but he didn't get some obvious strikes.  And I'm not one to usually complain about umpiring.

Yeah, he got squeezed, that happens sometimes.

A lot of his pitches were finding barrels. Hopefully an aberration. 

23 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

He got squeezed on some more pitches tonight, specifically in the first inning.  I don't know if those would have made his start any better as he got hit around a bit but he didn't get some obvious strikes.  And I'm not one to usually complain about umpiring.

I do think he got squeezed tonight, plus he had some bad luck in the first inning, Hyde left him out there too long in the third inning when he clearly didn’t have it, and then Kline couldn’t pick him up by stranding the runners.    None of that eradicates the fact that he wasn’t sharp and left too many pitches in bad locations, but his line was a bit worse than it needed to be.   

• Upvote 1