Mountcastle on who was good at Bowie

wildcard

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Yes, I agree. The question is does Elias make it a priority to bring someone else in this off season to play 3B?   

I think so. Or at least a veteran looking for a rebound season to compete. Minor league signing maybe. I don't know that it can be quite like the Iglesias signing because Ruiz can't be a utility guy like Martin would have been. 

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

From an interview on "Inside the Yard":

Pitchers: "There's a bunch of studs down there.  You have your Grayson and your DL's but you also have some pretty good other arms down there.   You have  Mattson, Hanhold ...... we have a really bright future coming up.

Position Players: " Diaz was crushing homers just left and right. Gunnar Henderson watching him for how young he is, his approach to the plate, him in the field, he has a cannon for an arm at short looked really good.  McKenna looked pretty good. Adley has a pretty swing, that's for sure"

https://art19.com/shows/baltimore-orioles-inside-the-yard-podcast/episodes/5fe990d7-3a27-4d3f-84c6-c99b2941d95a

Is he trying to say we have some dudes there?  ?

Im actually encouraged they are trying to work MountCastle into 1B If Diaz continues to force his way up. I've never really been sold on the Mountcastle in the OF experiment and now with Diaz seemingly getting closer to a promotion I'd rather move him to 1B, if possible. Get all the best bats in the lineup with the best defensive alignment seems like a win. 

If you trust our scouting, I'd expect Kjerstad to be the rightfielder by 2023. Mountcastle at first makes sense based on my initial  impressions of him in left after watching every game. He might correct taking poor angles to the ball and his speed is better than average at least now,  but possiby gain 10-15 lbs of muscle nd get slower quickly ), but his arm will always be weak.

He would make an athletic first baseman. I would hope  that long term our outfield will be Diaz in left, Hays in center and Kjerstad in right. Santander either traded or DH. Mancini is too expensive  for a DH. Stewart and Mullins are fine extra parts.

Just now, jeffkleger said:

If you trust our scouting, I'd expect Kjerstad to be the rightfielder by 2023. Mountcastle at first makes sense based on my initial  impressions of him in left after watching every game. He might correct taking poor angles to the ball and his speed is better than average at least now,  but possiby gain 10-15 lbs of muscle nd get slower quickly ), but his arm will always be weak.

He would make an athletic first baseman. I would hope  that long term our outfield will be Diaz in left, Hays in center and Kjerstad in right. Santander either traded or DH. Mancini is too expensive  for a DH. Stewart and Mullins are fine extra parts.

Gosh I hope he doesn't hold the poor kid back until 2023.

I'm not sure why you think Kjerstad would be better in right than Diaz.

Lineup for 2021:

Hays - CF

Stewart - RF

Mountcastle - DH

Santander - LF

Mancini - 1B

Sisco - C

Alberto - 2B

Iglesias - SS

Ruiz - 3B

Bench - Diaz, Severino, Valaika, Nunez

That is the makings of a fairly decent offense.  I think the bullpen for 2021 has a lot of options.  And then there is the rotation that will take some time probably 1-2 more years.

Just now, The Goob said:

Lineup for 2021:

Hays - CF

Stewart - RF

Mountcastle - DH

Santander - LF

Mancini - 1B

Sisco - C

Alberto - 2B

Iglesias - SS

Ruiz - 3B

That is the makings of a fairly decent offense.  I think the bullpen for 2021 has a lot of options.  And then there is the rotation that will take some time probably 1-2 more years.

You think Stewart:

1- Has a superior arm to Santander

2- Is a superior defender to Mountcastle

I'm willing to bet that #1 isn't true and I have a sneaking suspicion that #2 is also incorrect.

There is also no chance that I even pencil Mancini into any lineup.

You are right.  I goofed with LF and RF for Stewart and Santander.  I do think Stewart is a better defender in LF long term than Mountcastle.  If Mancini is not playing then Nunez or Mountcastle shift to 1B and the other to DH.  Reality is all of these guys will likely move around a good bit.  

Then when you can add Rutschman at some point next year it hopefully improves the offense another level and absolutely enhances the defense.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, The Goob said:

Lineup for 2021:

Hays - CF

Stewart - RF

Mountcastle - DH

Santander - LF

Mancini - 1B

Sisco - C

Alberto - 2B

Iglesias - SS

Ruiz - 3B

I think/hope DJ will be our 4th OFer/pinch hitting hero.