Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Rene88

1 hour ago, byrdz said:

Bundy now has a 6.02 ERA even though his peripherals aren't bad. Long ball maybe?

Gausman is still killing it with a 1.84 ERA and 0.84 WHIP.

I came here to weigh in on Bundy too as he's off to a rough start. Just looking at the numbers, I think Bundy while not pitching well is having bad luck in addition. His WHIP is 1.26, 4.08 FIP and 1.5 home runs per nine innings. All of those stats are within his career averages or slightly better so far.

I think Bundy will come around if he keeps the home runs allowed from blowing up and doesn't get wild. 

On 5/17/2021 at 6:25 AM, Moose Milligan said:

I'm not 100% on the baserunning rules, but I think Manny has the right to the basepath.

Now that doesn't mean you can't do whatever TF you want in the basepath.  The decision making here is pretty questionable, just pull up and allow yourself to be tagged.  

And make it easy/easier  for them to turn 2?

He did nothing wrong there.

On 5/23/2021 at 10:57 AM, SteveA said:

I guess he had a bad last week leading up to final cuts.

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/31537545/matt-wieters-dropped-us-baseball-olympic-qualifying-roster

But Glass Half Full, if we need a fresh face for Sisco to nurse Adley along another month or two....

Radhames Liz got the start tonight against Team USA on Night 2 of the Americas Qualifier for the Tokyo Olympics.

https://olympicbaseballqualifier.wbsc.org/en/2021/e-2021-americas-baseball-olympic-qualifier/schedule-and-results/box-score/13272

The Red Sox have let three of their top prospects go this week to play the qualifier, so at least Elias didn't go to that well with Rutschman.   The Mariners are with Julio Rodriguez.    A week in June is small beer, but I assume it becomes closer to a month for a guy if their team makes it to Tokyo.