The 2021 Bullpen

sportsfan8703

1 minute ago, OFFNY said:

o

(APRIL 25th)

The Orioles' bullpen at-large has been very impressive so far in this still very-young 2021 season ...... both in games in which the Orioles have won, and in games which they have lost.

o

Yep, the Orioles are fifth in bullpen ERA currently and it's been a bright spot for the season. 

https://www.covers.com/sport/baseball/mlb/statistics/team-bullpenera/2021

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

(APRIL 25th)

The Orioles' bullpen at-large has been very impressive so far in this still very-young 2021 season ...... both in games in which the Orioles have won, and in games which they have lost.

o

8 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Yep, the Orioles are 5th in bullpen ERA currently and it's been a bright spot for the season. 

https://www.covers.com/sport/baseball/mlb/statistics/team-bullpenera/2021

o

An that's 5th in the entire Major Leagues (30 teams), not just in the AL.

o

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. YANKEES, 4/29)

Although Valdez wilted in the 9th inning (with a little bit of help/encouragement from the home-plate umpire), the bullpen overall was rather stellar  ...... yet again.

o

I was fuming when I saw Chapman come up the next half inning and get all those low strikes.  Though I also noticed that severino was trying to pull up everything even if it hit the bottom edge.

o

(vs. ATHLETICS, 4/30)

After John Means threw 7 innings of 2-run ball, the bullpen was very shaky in the final 2 innings of the game ...... but since they have been so good for most of the season to-date, I'm going to cut them a little slack on this one. They managed to hang on for the win, in spite of not pitching very well.

o