Orioles Home Opener

Dipper9

10 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’m worried my wife isn’t going to want me to go to games even once we’re both vaccinated.   She’s somewhat immunocompromised and really conservative on taking risks on this subject.   Problem is, I’ve already paid for the tickets (four tickets to eight games) and I doubt they’ll be easy to shed.   

I mean if you have Opening Day tickets that you're having trouble shedding I know a handsome message board poster that will take them off your hands. :)

And I don't mean Sports Guy.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

With fans now allowed in the stands from day one, will this impact the Davis decision?

Probably not but they now know they will have that revenue from day one and 50% capacity is still more than what the Os will sell on a huge majority of nights anyway.

By my count, the O’s only exceeded 50% of capacity 13 times in 2019.   In those 13 games combined, they exceeded 50% capacity by about 80,000 fans total.   So yes, a 50% capacity limit (if Baltimore does not override the state limit) will have almost no impact on the O’s.    And of course, the limit might be increased at some point as Covid numbers drop and more people get vaccinated.  

I suspect attendance will be down significantly from 2019 in any event, even beyond those 80,000 fans.

• Thanks 1

Pretty awesome news. I’m hopeful to attend at least one game by the end of the season. 

It’ll be interesting to see what the fan attendance will be. Some will be hesitant, I’m sure but on the other hand, I think people are really eager to get out in social environments again. 

Either way, it gives a little sense of normalcy. Let’s go Os!