O's starters after 2 rounds

wildcard

7 minutes ago, andrewochs615 said:

Are there any starters left on the market. Really should have signed someone more reliable then Feliz and Harvey 

Zimmerman looks like he could easily slide in as #4 then use Lopez or Lowther as the #5. Agree it isnt looking too good for Felix right now. I haven't read any reports on Harvey yet. 

Naw, roll with King Felix and Harvey. We legit want to be the worst team in baseball anyway and those two will sell some tickets for the shear wtf of it all. It’s all good. #1 pick is a good thing and we aren’t going to be competitive for another two years anyway. Load up on the best talent now baby!

3 hours ago, jabba72 said:

Zimmerman looks like he could easily slide in as #4 then use Lopez or Lowther as the #5. Agree it isnt looking too good for Felix right now. I haven't read any reports on Harvey yet. 

Who is 2 and 3 behind means? Is it given to Akin and Kremer?

I was posting in the ST thread about Felix’s day. I don’t know how hard he was throwing but he wasn’t good. Much rather see one of the young’ ins.

if we’re gonna take a Vet, take LeBlanc, based on what he’s done so far.

Wells is a reliever, isn’t he? Can he start? Goudeau too, isn’t he a reliever?

Didnt see Valdez mentioned. Is he no longer being considered as a potential starter?

2 hours ago, Explosivo said:

Naw, roll with King Felix and Harvey. We legit want to be the worst team in baseball anyway and those two will sell some tickets for the shear wtf of it all. It’s all good. #1 pick is a good thing and we aren’t going to be competitive for another two years anyway. Load up on the best talent now baby!

No doubt some very casual O's/baseball fans will say the O's have the Dark Knight and King Felix, they should be a playoff contender.  I'm still confused as a pretty avid baseball fan what was the purpose of signing Felix and Harvey.  I would rather have 1 solid starter on a 1 year deal.  I guess Felix and Harvey were cheap and don't have to be paid hardly anything if they don't make the MLB team.   Keeping Felix and Harvey in the starting rotation all year will guarantee the #1 pick, but I'm not sure even Elias could keep throwing them out there.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

No doubt some very casual O's/baseball fans will say the O's have the Dark Knight and King Felix, they should be a playoff contender.  I'm still confused as a pretty avid baseball fan what was the purpose of signing Felix and Harvey.  I would rather have 1 solid starter on a 1 year deal.  I guess Felix and Harvey were cheap and don't have to be paid hardly anything if they don't make the MLB team.   Keeping Felix and Harvey in the starting rotation all year will guarantee the #1 pick, but I'm not sure even Elias could keep throwing them out there.

I'm guessing it's because they're cheap, we're not going to be competitive anytime soon, and we need lots and lots of warm bodies this year due to the limited innings last season and the youth in our ranks. 

I don't disagree that we're likely headed for a battle for last place. 

4 hours ago, Philip said:

I was posting in the ST thread about Felix’s day. I don’t know how hard he was throwing but he wasn’t good. Much rather see one of the young’ ins.

if we’re gonna take a Vet, take LeBlanc, based on what he’s done so far.

Wells is a reliever, isn’t he? Can he start? Goudeau too, isn’t he a reliever?

Didnt see Valdez mentioned. Is he no longer being considered as a potential starter?

I included every pitcher that has pitched 2 innings in a game so far.   I don't know who will end up a starters or relievers.   Valdez has not pitched more than one inning in a game yet.    I have not heard if he is being stretched out in sim games.

Tyler Wells and Goudeau both have a history of being starters in the minors.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I think the O's feel that with their analytics and Chris Holt as pitching coach they have a chance to rehab veteran pitchers who have had problems in recent years and  try to make them into useful pitchers again.  

With Felix they are trying to see if they can make him a pitcher that relies on his  sinker, change up, curve and slider.    He will have to pitch backward to be successful.  They don't have to put him on the 40 man roster if it does not work out.

With Matt Harvey he still has velocity but does not have command or control.  He could be a starter or reliever.  Again he does not have to be put on the 40 man roster while he works on his pitches.

If these two do not make the 40 man roster for opening day they can still go to the alternate site and work on they pitches for the month of April.  That is before the AAA season begins.   I don't see either of these two taking long bus rides with the AAA team but as long as there is an alternate site they can work out and they can try to improve their pitches.  Maybe they reach a point where they can help the major league team.  I am sure they can opt out if things don't work out.

10 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Either because they don't like our young arms as much as they say they do...or they feel like they're not ready yet.

Anyone can sit here and tell me why Keegan Akin should be a piece for our future and while I agree that he should be given every opportunity to prove that he is...c'mon.

There's no other reason to sign guys like Felix and Harvey.  If Elias and Co. thought that we had some great young arms to bring north this spring, they wouldn't be here.  At the very least they're contingency plans if whatever youngsters that go north are pitching terribly.  

On 3/11/2021 at 3:50 PM, wildcard said:

Better 2nd Outing 

Kremer                   1.67 IP   3 ER  16.20

3 IP     0 ER    0.00      4.67 IP   3  ER    5.79

o

67% of the outs that Kremer recorded (6 out of 9) came via the Strikeout and the Groundout.

9 OUTS: )  4 Strikeouts, 2 Groundouts, 2 Flyouts, 1 Popout

DEAJUNIOR "D.J." KREMER )))))))) (vs. TIGERS, 3/14) )))))))) (Spring Training)

IP:ll.3

H:lllll.3 ) l(3 Singles)

R:llll 1

BB:ll2

SO:ll4

Pitches: l) 58 )(34)Strikes, )24)Balls)

2021 ERA: l) 4.70 )  7.67 IP  (4 ER) 

2021 WHIP: l)  1.565  )  7.67 IP  (12 H/BB) 

2021 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: l)  .233  )(7 for 30)   

PITCHES BY INNING  

18  ll(12 llStrikes, lll.Balls)

20  lll(11 llStrikes, lll.Balls)

20  lll(11 ll.Strikes, llllBalls)

o