Maikel Franco Deal with Os Final

LookinUp

Interesting to see what the terms of the deal are, and if it is a split deal majors vs. minors like the other vets they signed. Is this a sign they are ready to move up in the standings and begin to compete? Or is this just a guy we sign and hope to move?

22 minutes ago, oriole said:

Meh, if it’s a one year cheap deal then it’s whatever but I’m also totally fine seeing them give Ruiz one last shot before turning the page. 

Would rather much see Ruiz play everyday. I’m not a fan of Franco’s game. Maybe Franco will surprise and get flipped for a couple DSL prospects in July. 

Franco played every game last year for KC and hit .278 / .321 / .457 .   Would be on pace for roughly 20 HR over a full season.

Seems like there is potential for him to offer more than Ruiz.  Not saying for sure.....but it seems like it is possible.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He’s a definite upgrade over Ruiz but it also doesn’t move the needle that much either.

Glad we will have someone over there that is an actual MLer though.

This is where I am on this. Perhaps they see some things they can improve, but his defense is going to make people wish Ruiz was still here.