Replay of last nights O's game on MLB.tv now

wildcard

Watched it last night on MLB tv live.  Fielding was horrendous which seems to be a spring long symptom.  The wind didn’t help.   Kremer had a good outing except for 1 pitch which Todd Frazier hammered. Mount castle had two hits one a homer, but his fielding was pretty bad, which the wind didn’t help. Despite the score most of the pitching wasn’t extremely bad except for Abad,  but again he had 3 or 4 of the errors behind him.  We beat the Pirates in errors as well 5-4.

1 minute ago, Woody Held said:

Watched it last night on MLB tv live.  Fielding was horrendous which seems to be a spring long symptom.  The wind didn’t help.   Kremer had a good outing except for 1 pitch which Todd Frazier hammered. Mount castle had two hits one a homer, but his fielding was pretty bad, which the wind didn’t help. Despite the score most of the pitching wasn’t extremely bad except for Abad,  but again he had 3 or 4 of the errors behind him.  

Mullins with a bunt single and a bomb well over right field fence v lefty.  Hays drove Mullins in on a double - hope we see a lot of this this year! Gunnar is a large man and worked a walk but picked off first easily with lefty pitcher.

They didn't show the whole game, so I did not see Sanchez's error but they said he bounced the throw to first.   I did see Galvis errors.  He fielded well but bounced the throw on the run.  It was a throw that a good first baseman would have had.    

After the game Trey said he was rusty at first and needs to improve.  If he can't catch a hit percentage of bounced throws its going to be real ugly. They did not show one of Seve's errors but I saw the one where he did not catch the ball from an infielder on a runner coming to the plate.   Typical Seve's.  The only way to improve that is to call up Adley.   Hays error was stupid.  He just bobble a catch near the wall.  The ball bounce out of his glove, bounced off the wall and he catch it.   Just sloppy.

Trey's homer was hammered to left with the wind blowing pretty hard from left to right.  A legit shot.  Mountcastle's opposite field homer was probably helped by the wind as was Mullins.   Mullins might have gone out anyway.  Mullins bunt was a thing of beauty right along the 3rd base line.   Pitt's 3rd baseman play it well but Mullins is just too fast.  He is a weapon. Playing with a lot of confidence.

Kremer looked sharp for two innings.  Tired in the 3rd and did have it in the 4th.  I heard that on the radio last night.  Abad doesn't seem like anything special.  LeBlanc mixed his pitches well and was effective for 3 innings.  He really didn't have a problem at all. Hanhold was pumping 95, 96 along with some good breaking pitches.  He was good tonight after getting hammered in his last outing.   As Hyde says. His problem is consistency.

Wish I could see Matt Harvey tonight but I don't think there is radio or TV.   Its the Yankees for pete sake.   But its in Sarasota and, of course,  the O's can't afford to broadcast it.

• Thanks 1