Orioles getting excess vaccines

accinfo

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-coronavirus-vaccine-excess-20210328-b2calgq3mzambj5kohdoycmh7i-story.html

I am wondering if anyone makes a stink about this.  I understand rather than throwing away any vaccines and giving them to someone is a good idea, but when they end up going to a bunch of young healthy multi-millionaires I think someone who has an elderly parent in Florida that can't get an appointment might not like this story.  In 30 days everyone here in Maryland and most places will be able to sign up for the vaccine and I expect sports team to make sure everyone gets them right away when that happens.  However I don't think this is a good look.  I am not pointing just at the Orioles because I will bet there are other teams doing the same thing.  I became eligible last week and get my first shot this Wednesday.  I am looking forward to it.

16 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

We are past the point of elderly people being unable to get vaccines.

Several states have opened vaccine eligibility to all adults age 16+.

As a group that travels extensively for their job and with a job that requires them to be in close quarters with other people, I have no problem with athletes getting vaccinated at this point, millionaires or not.

Plenty of elderly people are still waiting for vaccination.

My heart sank when hearing from Elias of plans to vax the whole organization. A cursory data run would show far greater risk of serious injury for this young healthy age group (not only current results but unknown and untested effects in long term) than virus risk--which is not even claimed to be prevented even with the shot. Where are the analytics when they're needed the most?

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

Plenty of elderly people are still waiting for vaccination.

17 minutes ago, now said:

My heart sank when hearing from Elias of plans to vax the whole organization. A cursory data run would show far greater risk of serious injury for this young healthy age group (not only current results but unknown and untested effects in long term) than virus risk--which is not even claimed to be prevented even with the shot. Where are the analytics when they're needed the most?

What medical evidence shows there’s a greater risk than not being vaccinated ?

29 minutes ago, pdiddy said:

What medical evidence shows there’s a greater risk than not being vaccinated ?

Start with virus survival rate for age 20-39: 99.999%. (That's 2020, prevax.)

Latest Vax reactions I see (thru 13 March): 4k dead, 163k injuries. Many European countries halting their vax programs as a result. Should be enough red flags to do some serious risk-benefit analysis, instead of plunging in for no practical benefit (except PR for supposed "return to normal"?)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

7 minutes ago, now said:

Start with virus survival rate for age 20-39: 99.999%. (That's 2020, prevax.)

Latest Vax reactions I see (thru 13 March): 4k dead, 163k injuries. Many European countries halting their vax programs as a result. Should be enough red flags to do some serious risk-benefit analysis, instead of plunging in for no practical benefit (except PR for supposed "return to normal"?)

Pfizer, Moderna, and JNJ are the only doses authorized in US. Don’t put that Astra Zeneca juju on me Ricky Bobby.

Get a shot people. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, pdiddy said:

Pfizer, Moderna, and JNJ are the only doses authorized in US. Don’t put that Astra Zeneca juju on me Ricky Bobby.

Get a shot people. 

Yes I didn't want this to go down that rabbit hole.  Get a vaccine when you can.  Like I said I am getting mine Wednesday.

7 minutes ago, pdiddy said:

Get a shot people. 

Those injury figures include your brands too. For example, from trials: "For Moderna 81.9% experienced any systemic reaction. Grade 3 reactions (considered severe) were experienced by 17.4%. This is 79X more likely than the incidence of severe Covid in the Moderna group." (source) That's from just one risk-benefit analysis. I'm not intending to hash it all out here... just wondering why the O's and MLB aren't showing more caution toward their valuable human assets, regarding this experimental gene therapy with such minimal possible benefit to the players.

• Downvote 6

25 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

You are of the belief that 4,000 people have died and 163,000 people have been injured as a result of taking the vaccine?

Yikes.

Update: 5k deaths reported in US, EU, & UK as of March 20. Yes, I "believe" this scientific report from Europe: check it out or feel free to do your own research. :)