4-3 vs the Hated Bosox!

Philip

26 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Harvey is a funny guy.

o

11 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Harvey being "funny" ...... I don't get it, what's the reference?

o

I often write something statistically noteworthy atop a pitching line, such as the percentage of outs recorded via Strikeout and/or Groundout, a very good or a very bad pitch-efficiency, a long streak of consecutive batters retired, etc ...... if I don't have anything particularly positive or negative to make note of, I just go with the "funny guy" description.

o

I haven't thought of this for years.

In the mid-6os, when the Phillies played at Connie Mack Stadium, the crowd mic was suspended from the press box down the first base line.

A few times (I was probably 14 or 15), a group of us sat near the mic in the upper deck, which was pretty empty, and yell clever stuff so we could hear it on a transistor radio we'd brought with us. We were never sure, but assumed, that they would throw us out if we used profanity.

11 minutes ago, PHRESH said:

Damn. What did he ever do to you? 

Neil is a national treasure

“I am I said to no one there and no one heard at all not even the chair.”

That is probably the dumbest lyric I have ever heard in a song, but it’s not even the dumbest Neil diamond lyric. There are too many ties for dumbest.

Plus, I hate “sweet Caroline” I hated it the first time I heard it and I hate it even more every time I hear in the background on red sox broadcasts

• Upvote 1