4-3 vs the Hated Bosox!

Philip

o

Along with his 0.53 ERA, Houck had an 0.882 WHIP over 17 Innings Pitched in the 2020 season. He was originally drafted in the 12th Round out of high school ...... he opted for 3 years of college instead, and wound up being a 1st Round draft pick for the Red Sox in 2017, which netted him a $2.614 Million signing bonus.

Somewhat similar to Houck, Matt Harvey was originally drafted in the 3rd Round out of high school in 2007 ...... like Houck, he opted for 3 years of college instead and wound up being a 1st Round draft pick for the Mets in 2010, which netted him a $2.5 Million signing bonus. Harvey's original offer out of high school when he was 18 years-old in 2007 was $1 Million.

BALTIMORE O RIOLES

Boyce Cedric Mullins II - CF 

Joseph Anthony "Trey" Mancini III - 1B 

Anthony Santander - RF

Ryan Mountcastle - DH

Rio Ruiz - 2B

Austin Charles Bryan "C.B." Hays - LF 

Maikel Franco - 3B

Freddy Galvis - SS

Pedro Severino De Leon  - C

Matthew Edward Harvey - RHP )) (0-3, 11.57 ERA) ) *

* )) [KANSAS CITY ROYALS]

BOSTON RED SOX )

Enrique Javier "E.J." Hernandez - CF

Alexander Verdugo - RF

Julio Daniel Martinez - DH

Xander Bogaerts - SS

Rafael Devers Calcano - 3B

Marwin Gonzalez - 2B

Bobby Dalbec - 1B

Franchy Codero Vargas - LF

Kevin Jeffrey "K.J." Plawecki - C

Tanner Lee Houck - RHP ) (3-0, 0.53 ERA)

https://www.baseballpress.com/Lineups

o

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a rule ....When a player screws up playing defense I GOTTA see an Run scored or RBI listed next to his name in the box score after the game is finished ....So by my thinking our Left Fielder owes us something during the rest of this game .....GO O's !!!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• If you could somehow combine Luis Arreaz’s hit tool with Mateo’s everything else, you’d have a hall of famer 
    • Sure. The three and five thing really makes sense, both intuitively and statistically. It’s the intuitive side of 1 v 9 that I just can’t wrap my head around in spite of the well done stats you’ve provided as an example.  Probably because I’m thinking game by game and not season by season. The idea of Mateo batting 5 times tomorrow night, while one of the best hitters in the league bats 4, seems in my head like nonsense. 
    • I think most people would be the same way. If a competing business would offer me a 20% raise to jump ship I'd have my two weeks in tomorrow.
    • Assuming Gunnar likes batting leadoff, which I think he does, I'm happy to keep him there. Your best hitters should get the most at bats.
    • Currently on pace for 55 HRs, 115 RBI, and 125 runs scored. Those are great numbers obviously, but are we taking full advantage of Gunnar's abilities by batting him leadoff almost every game? I'm sure Eddie Murray and Frank Robinson would have been dynamite at leadoff, but their teams were better off making sure they came up as much as possible with men on base. So far this season Henderson has fewer ABs with men on base than any of the other regulars, which has to have cost us some runs -- and therefor wins -- somewhere along the line.  With Cowser seemingly out of his funk I'd like to see him batting leadoff more often. He leads the Orioles in walks and OB%, and has enough speed that he'll take the extra bases just like Henderson does. I believe a lineup that looks something like this would score more runs than what we're getting now: VS RH --  Cowser Adley Westburg Henderson Santander O'Hearn Mountcastle Mullins Mateo   VS LH --  Westburg Adley Mountcastle Henderson Santander Hays Cowser McCann Mateo  
    • A bit of a forgotten pitcher in Bowie this season, we weren't even sure where he would start the year. The last few seasons, he worked as a starter or piggybacked with starters, making it up to AAA last season for 1 game, which didn't go the way he hoped to end the season. This year, the 26 year old, 858th overall pick in the 2019 draft has worked out of the bullpen. This season, he has appeared in 10 games, totaling 13.2 innings and getting 20 strike outs. He has a 3.95 ERA thanks to a disaster game on May 5th, where he allowed 5 runs. He also allowed a run on April 10th in his second appearance of the season. Aside from those two games, he hasn't allowed a run in the other 8 games. The big thing that impacted him the last few seasons were walks, which is still has some trouble with. 6 total so far, which would be fine if he started 10 games. But 6 walks in 10 games isn't ideal and is a big reason for his 1.24 WHIP. If he can lower the walks while keeping the strike outs and the runs sparse, I would like to see him get to Norfolk in June and see how he handles the bullpen there. With the glut of position players and seemingly lack of minor league pitching help for the bullpen, I want to see some aggressiveness on moving some older bullpen players seeing if they can sink or swim.
  • Popular Contributors