Keegan Akin 2021

Il BuonO

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

He did not pitch badly today.  One of his runs was an very soft bloop to RF and another came when Plutko allowed an inherited runner on 1B to score.   

His ERA is only barely better than Matt Harvey. I think we need to realize he just isn't good.

I think it was Buck that lamented that he never saw so many pitchers who came through an organization got called up to the majors and didn't have fastball command. I'm so tired of hearing about these guys working on their secondary pitches when in fact they can't control their FB.

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

I think it was Buck that lamented that he never saw so many pitchers who came through an organization got called up to the majors and didn't have fastball command. I'm so tired of hearing about these guys working on their secondary pitches when in fact they can't control their FB.

You might not want to throw strikes if your FB tops out at 92.

Keegan getting the start tonight.

The fact that he's our best option coming out of the all start break says a lot about our rotation. Not that anything really needs to be said... That said, I'm happier to see him start than basically anyone else not named John Means.

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2021/07/akin-gets-start-friday-night-in-kansas-city.html

1 minute ago, celery said:

Keegan getting the start tonight.

The fact that he's our best option coming out of the all start break says a lot about our rotation. Not that anything really needs to be said... That said, I'm happier to see him start than basically anyone else not named John Means.

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2021/07/akin-gets-start-friday-night-in-kansas-city.html

If you look around baseball today at the starters who are going you will see that for some reason, most MLB managers are not coming out of the break and going right to their best pitcher.  Seems almost random.

On 7/10/2021 at 10:28 PM, Aristotelian said:

You might not want to throw strikes if your FB tops out at 92.

Command is the not the same as control.  Command means that you can consistently hit the corners of the strike zone, or throw pitches that are just close enough to the strike zone to tempt some hitters.  If your FB tops out at 92, it's even more essential to have command.  

On 7/10/2021 at 10:10 PM, webbrick2010 said:

Im so tired of hearing how we have changed our development staff and how we have good coaches now yet we still cant pitch