4/7: Battle for First Place in the Bronx

SteveA

I have a question for people who use the MLB app.  There used to be a premium option for like 20 bucks where you could get ad-free videos and access to the radio broadcasts.  It’s stupid to have to watch a 15 second ad every time you want to watch an 18 second video.  I see that there’s an option for MLB Audio for $20 but it doesn’t mention anything about ad-free videos.  Does anyone subscribe to MLB Audio and does it include ad-free videos like previous years?

Just now, Philip said:

Ok. We shall see. I hope you’re right but I would still have someone warming. If the bullpen is still until too late, again, I’m going to frown.

Who?

You want to criticize the manager, tell us who you would have up.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

Taillon pulled with 74 pitches thrown.

theres a lesson here.

Yes, let's compare a guy who hasn't pitched in two years making his first start coming off his second Tommy John surgery with a team"s #1 starter who is healthy and worked his way up to 70 pitches during spring training and then threw 97 in a great first outing.

That's apples to apples, sure it is 

? ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Who?

You want to criticize the manager, tell us who you would have up.

Who’s left?

him.

And yes I want to criticize the bullpen management. If your starter throws 75 pitches in four innings, you gotta be ready to pull him. That is a sad fact but it is a fact. Oh well. 
the alternative is to let your starter continue to throw and dig a deep hole and then you gotta bring in a guy anyway.

yes, Means is our 1, and yes he was great last time, but if a guy is tiring he is tiring. Be ready.

Just now, Philip said:

Who’s left?

him.

And yes I want to criticize the bullpen management. If your starter throws 75 pitches in four innings, you gotta be ready to pull him. That is a sad fact but it is a fact. Oh well. 
the alternative is to let your starter continue to throw and dig a deep hole and then you gotta bring in a guy anyway.

yes, Means is our 1, and yes he was great last time, but if a guy is tiring he is tiring. Be ready.

And you still won't name a name.  You want to criticize the manager without having the guts to say exactly what you would do.

It gives you the ability to wait and see who comes in next and then if that guy is hit, you say he sucks and you never would have used that guy.

8 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

I have a question for people who use the MLB app.  There used to be a premium option for like 20 bucks where you could get ad-free videos and access to the radio broadcasts.  It’s stupid to have to watch a 15 second ad every time you want to watch an 18 second video.  I see that there’s an option for MLB Audio for $20 but it doesn’t mention anything about ad-free videos.  Does anyone subscribe to MLB Audio and does it include ad-free videos like previous years?

Hadn’t noticed till now, but I have audio and yes there are no ads on any of the highlight videos for any team.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SteveA said:

And you still won't name a name.  You want to criticize the manager without having the guts to say exactly what you would do.

It gives you the ability to wait and see who comes in next and then if that guy is hit, you say he sucks and you never would have used that guy.

I'm looking forward to having the bullpen burned out by the end of the month.

They were actually decent last year, we can't have that.

7 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Yes, let's compare a guy who hasn't pitched in two years making his first start coming off his second Tommy John surgery with a team"s #1 starter who is healthy and worked his way up to 70 pitches during spring training and then threw 97 in a great first outing.

That's apples to apples, sure it is 

? ?

Yes let’s.

Have an Apple.

?

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Well, you got what you wanted.  A pitching change.  And if this pitcher can't get the last out you get to criticize Hyde for bringing in the wrong guy.

No. I wanted a change and a got a change. I’m a bit ambivalent whether Hyde should have pulled him a batter sooner( probably) but there’s still an open base. I have no problem.