4/10 vs. Red Sox

Moose Milligan

This is, I think, the third time I've said this in the young season. When these guys don't play sound fundamental baseball or play lazy baseball, isn't that on Hyde? If not, on whom? And if it's on Hyde, what is done to hold him accountable?

Not having talent is one thing. Not knowing or caring how to play the game properly is another.

Just now, spiritof66 said:

This is, I think, the third time I've said this in the young season. When these guys don't play sound fundamental baseball or play lazy baseball, isn't that on Hyde? If not, on whom? And if it's on Hyde, what is done to hold him accountable?

Not having talent is one thing. Not knowing or caring how to play the game is another.

It's on Mike "Total Control" Elias.

It's his roster, his manager, his coaches.

Just now, spiritof66 said:

Not having talent is one thing. Not knowing or caring how to play the game is another.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

I think Hyde knows the game well.  We've just got a group of guys who aren't great.

In fairness to them, they probably haven't seen that situation since the third day of ST.  You can probably catch any team looking stupid on the right day.  

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

I think Hyde knows the game well.  We've just got a group of guys who aren't great.

In fairness to them, they probably haven't seen that situation since the third day of ST.  You can probably catch any team looking stupid on the right day.  

For the O's that's days ending in Y.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, well, he's been saying that since ST.  It's not going to improve with the cast of clowns we have.

That was mental though. Unless Rio is better than I imagine I knew Sanchez being gone would hurt. 

Ryan needs to improve, I know that is an understatement 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

We aren't going to see any meaningful consequences.

Sure. But I can still complain.

I would hope Hyde addresses it  

He did talk about Ryan working hard with Sanders on his defense. And yes, I know talk is talk. I don’t think Hyde is a BS type  I’ll say that  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Philip said:

What the hell is that? I was listening on the radio and all of a sudden it went from, “they’ve got him caught in a rundown” to “and a run scores because of a misplayed run down”

I don’t think I can blame this one on Sisco, So who screwed up?

Rio's inexperience at 2B

• Thanks 1