Rally and announcement 11/12?

SpringBarb

I can't believe this thing hasn't leaked yet. I remember the Blue Jays logo leaked a few years back...
I like that it hasnt been leaked yet. Builds up the anticipation just a little.

I think it may have something to do with the fact that last year everything leaked...except for the Braves blue road alternate. I'm sure nobody was happy with that scenario.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like that it hasnt been leaked yet. Builds up the anticipation just a little.

I like that it hasn't been leaked either, just not because the build-up of anticipation. That part is killing me. I want to know now. I'm just happy the people in charge of this have things under control enough that it hasn't been leaked or that people who have the opportunity to leak it have chosen not to do so out of respect to the club's wishes. On the other hand, I can't wait and I would be lying if i said I'd be disappointed if they did leak.

Anywho, I'm interested to see how much of an overhaul there is....anyone know if our logo will change as well? I imagine they'll throw Baltimore back on that as well. Thoughts?

I hope so. I'd love to see a new logo. I can't stand the current logo, with Orioles in script, bird perched on top, diamond in the back. My favorite is the swinging Cartoon Bird in the circle logo. If they could design something similar, that could be cool.

UPDATE

From Roch Kubatko:

I was invited to the third floor of the warehouse today to take a look at the new Orioles uniforms, which will be unveiled at Wednesday's downtown rally.

I can't provide any specifics at this time, but keep checking masnsports.com before Wednesday at noon.

I will say that some changes to the home, road and alternate jerseys and caps will be quite noticeable, others more subtle. The club wanted to strike a balance between giving a nod to its past and being contemporary and looking toward the future.

The rest of the article can be found here:

http://masnsports.com/2008/11/sneak-peek.html

I'll shoot down a few rumors:

The Orioles haven't added Yankee pinstripes.

They haven't changed their name to "Rays."

The logo on the caps hasn't been changed to a cartoon Larry Bird, which would only make sense in Boston.

The players won't wear gray road jerseys whenever the Red Sox come to Camden Yards.

Though hoping to distract fans from 11 straight losing seasons, the Orioles won't change every uniform number to 2,131.

Aubrey Huff's road jersey won't have "Horse(bleep) Town" stitched across the chest.

None of the jerseys have "Teixeira" on the back.

Brian Roberts' jersey doesn't include a Cubs logo.

The road jersey doesn't say "Baltimore/Washington"

:laughlol:

spoiler alert-I think I have found the new hat logo. http://www.neweracap.com/nshop/product.php?view=detail&productid=NE-PERFACBALHM77&startColor=blackorange&hatGroup=71&hatFit=&groupName=MenMLB&searchBy=group&prevHatGroup=&prevHatFit=&resetDropDown=hatFit

I figured I would check out new era's website since they make the official hats. They have a new batting practice hat on the Orioles main page as well. I am looking foward to the uniforms, but if the new bird logo does not impress me much. They haven't updated the road hat yet, I am guessing the same logo as the home hat.

spoiler alert-I think I have found the new hat logo. http://www.neweracap.com/nshop/product.php?view=detail&productid=NE-PERFACBALHM77&startColor=blackorange&hatGroup=71&hatFit=&groupName=MenMLB&searchBy=group&prevHatGroup=&prevHatFit=&resetDropDown=hatFit

I figured I would check out new era's website since they make the official hats. They have a new batting practice hat on the Orioles main page as well. I am looking foward to the uniforms, but if the new bird logo does not impress me much. They haven't updated the road hat yet, I am guessing the same logo as the home hat.

Hmm that bird does look different, but I don't see much of a change to the logo. I thought it was going to be a fiercer looking bird...

That looks more like the type of change they made between the 1998 and 1999 seasons when they made the bird look younger. It almost looks like they are going back to the 90's bird.

If that's accurate it looks like a mix of the older (early-90s) and present ornithologically-correct birds.

If thats the case, just keep it. Any orinthilogically anything is just a disappointment.

I really hope that's not the hat. I see no difference between that bird and the one we currently have.

I really hope that's not the hat. I see no difference between that bird and the one we currently have.

Look at the way the legs are positioned. The new/old bird looks like it is in flight, while the current bird is in a standing position.

Guess you could say instead of standing around in 4th-5th place, these new Orioles are going to fly to the top of the standings... :)

Archived