Fans not wearing masks

Greenpastures23

On 5/17/2021 at 3:24 PM, SteveA said:

You might want to get the tickets in advance.   I don't know what their current % capacity is, but it could sell out.

It's a 4:05 game. 

Really!  Really!   These are both last place teams as we speak a quarter into the season,  and fans of both teams generally pooh-pooh the notion of any sort of “rivalry”.  Has something changed?   Comparing Kyle Schwarber to Ryan Mountcastle as left fielders has a bit of a niche appeal I guess.
You provided a really good write up of establishments near Nats park however and I compliment you on that. ?  

8 hours ago, JimGinSP said:

Really!  Really!   These are both last place teams as we speak a quarter into the season,  and fans of both teams generally pooh-pooh the notion of any sort of “rivalry”.  Has something changed?   Comparing Kyle Schwarber to Ryan Mountcastle as left fielders has a bit of a niche appeal I guess.
You provided a really good write up of establishments near Nats park however and I compliment you on that. ?  

The Nats’ capacity has been restricted to about 10,500 and now it will be about 15,000.    They were drawing 8000-8500 for most games before the capacity increase.   Hard to say how quickly it ramps up now that CDC guidance has been relaxed.   

25 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The Nats’ capacity has been restricted to about 10,500 and now it will be about 15,000.    They were drawing 8000-8500 for most games before the capacity increase.   Hard to say how quickly it ramps up now that CDC guidance has been relaxed.   

I saw that they would go to full capacity on June 16 or 18.

edit:  it’s actually the 11th

https://www.masnsports.com/nationals-pastime/2021/05/dc-will-allow-full-capacity-at-nationals-park-beginning-june-11.html

Nationals seem to be on the cutting edge of the guidelines. 

"Beginning Friday, May 21, fully vaccinated attendees will not be required to wear a face mask at games. A news release said that applies to seating indoors and outdoors. Attendees that are not fully vaccinated will be required to wear a face mask, except when eating or drinking in their seats.

Additionally, the park will begin operating at 100% capacity beginning June 10."

https://wtop.com/washington-nationals/2021/05/nationals-change-mask-policy-capacity-limits-for-upcoming-home-games/

2 hours ago, fansince1988 said:

Nationals seem to be on the cutting edge of the guidelines. 

"Beginning Friday, May 21, fully vaccinated attendees will not be required to wear a face mask at games. A news release said that applies to seating indoors and outdoors. Attendees that are not fully vaccinated will be required to wear a face mask, except when eating or drinking in their seats.

Additionally, the park will begin operating at 100% capacity beginning June 10."

https://wtop.com/washington-nationals/2021/05/nationals-change-mask-policy-capacity-limits-for-upcoming-home-games/

And how are they going to know who is vaccinated or not?

Just now, Frobby said:

And how are they going to know who is vaccinated or not?

Honor system, I guess.

That's how it's being done at the large govt agency where I work.  Our mask restriction was lifted for fully vaxxed folks this week.  But due to HIPAA no one, even your supervisor, is allowed to even ask you if you are vaxxed.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Honor system, I guess.

That's how it's being done at the large govt agency where I work.  Our mask restriction was lifted for fully vaxxed folks this week.  But due to HIPAA no one, even your supervisor, is allowed to even ask you if you are vaxxed.

I’d have faith in most government workers to play it honestly.   People at a ballgame, not as much.   But at least it’s less risky outside.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’d have faith in most government workers to play it honestly.   People at a ballgame, not as much.   But at least it’s less risky outside.

I'm just glad I don't have to sit in socially distant seats Saturday with my two also-fully-vaxed friends being the only people within 6 feet of me, outdoors in an 88 degree day in the sun, and wear a mask.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

When you wrote this sentence, did you do it with a straight face?

Sure I did.    I’m not going to get political.   I’ll just say that where I live there are a lot of government people around, who I encounter every day both personally and professionally, and I believe the vast majority of them, on the honor system, would wear a mask inside a government building if they were not vaccinated.    I’m also pretty confident in saying that a substantial majority of them (in the DC metro area) have been vaccinated.    Heck, pretty much everyone I know has been fully vaccinated by now.   I organize a softball game every Sunday in the spring/summer and before we started up last weekend  I asked who was vaccinated.   35 of 36 were fully vaccinated, the other was awaiting his second shot.  

19 minutes ago, MDK02 said:

At some point, it needs to be that vaccines are available... get one or don't. Wear a mask or don't, it's up to the individual.

People that have the vaccine, you're protected so don't worry about the people that don't have it. It's their life.

People that didn't get the vaccine, don't worry about the people that got the vaccine. It's their life.

People that aren't wearing masks, don't worry about the people wearing masks.. it's their choice.

People wearing wearing masks, don't worry about people not wearing masks.. it's their choice.

Enjoy the game!

I have gone to a few stores in the last few days and have been one of the few people not wearing a mask.  Thats fine.

I don’t care that people are wearing them but if I don’t have to, I’m not going to.  

33 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I have gone to a few stores in the last few days and have been one of the few people not wearing a mask.  Thats fine.

I don’t care that people are wearing them but if I don’t have to, I’m not going to.  

I've just been looking at the door.  If the individual store wants me to wear a mask I'm happy to do so.

Yesterday I stopped in a small restaurant for lunch.  No sign up so I didn't wear my mask.  Everyone else in line was wearing one.  As soon as I walked in without one 3 people took theirs off and we all sort of laughed about it.  I think everyone just doesn't really know what to do right now.

Totally agree with MDK - at some point we're going to have to respect each other's choices.