Fans not wearing masks

Greenpastures23

2 hours ago, camdencrush said:

Eddie, I'm confused.

You said that you wanted to have a discussion and you didn't like my short replies.  So I made a long one. You didn't like that one either, but your response was short and didn't say anything except something that I never said.  I think you're being intentionally dense here so there's not much left to say.  I think my point was very clear.  I didn't call you names (just returned a dig that you tossed at me, but certainly that hasn't upset you this much) and now I've got this jackwagon telling me to leave my children without a father.

As for the other comment I made regarding this cretin who is levying threats and hatred, I think it's pretty clear that was a tongue in cheek comment. If you want to have a discussion, you can DM me, no one needs to see this back and forth.

Look this may not have been the proper thread.  I didn’t like your comment which I thought was ignorant, not saying you are. I took it as because my opinion was different it wasn’t acceptable. I did go on for awhile but if I make a point and not explain why then that gets nowhere. 

I appreciate you saying you are sorry. As far as I’m concerned it’s over. 

I have been on this board for years. I don’t say things I don’t believe and I’m not some clown who deliberately tries to stir the pot. When you come home from work in September listening to a child in my kids “virtual” class struggling to read basic sentences while your wife’s niece is teaching in a maskless full class in Florida it kind of gets to me. 

55 minutes ago, fansince1988 said:

Baltimore cities vaccination rate stands at 45% as of today, so it may be a while before the O's remove their mask mandate. 

https://baltimore.maps.arcgis.com/apps/dashboards/4b64b6e8c0014b6998d767fcf077bfaf

But arent some of the fans outside the city limits, basing it on their vaccination rate seams a bit silly.,

3 hours ago, fansince1988 said:

Baltimore cities vaccination rate stands at 45% as of today, so it may be a while before the O's remove their mask mandate. 

https://baltimore.maps.arcgis.com/apps/dashboards/4b64b6e8c0014b6998d767fcf077bfaf

To be fair to the O's, it isn't "their" mask mandate.   They are following the orders of the Mayor of the city in which they play.

FWIW, crowd shots in the Twins series seemed to show very few people wearing masks.   Now of course the people you see in those shots are typically in the expensive lower box seats, maybe they aren't enforcing it there as much as they are for the riffraff in other sections.   I'll be upper deck riffraff tonight, albeit Row 1 own the 3B line.   I'll report back on enforcement later on...

10 minutes ago, SteveA said:

To be fair to the O's, it isn't "their" mask mandate.   They are following the orders of the Mayor of the city in which they play.

FWIW, crowd shots in the Twins series seemed to show very few people wearing masks.   Now of course the people you see in those shots are typically in the expensive lower box seats, maybe they aren't enforcing it there as much as they are for the riffraff in other sections.   I'll be upper deck riffraff tonight, albeit Row 1 own the 3B line.   I'll report back on enforcement later on...

Good points. Watched the Cubs-Padres game on tv Wednesday afternoon, attendance was over 22K, and I didn't see anyone at Wrigley wearing a mask. Nats are also mask-free now, and full capacity in less than a week. Orioles could certainly request a waiver to the city restrictions. 

18 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Good luck tonight, weather is looking very suspect.

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Good luck tonight, weather is looking very suspect.

Looks like most of the worst stuff is going south of us.   But it is the type of weather pattern where a thunderstorm could pop up at any time in the afternoon/evening, though.   But it probably wouldn't last long.

50 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Looks like most of the worst stuff is going south of us.   But it is the type of weather pattern where a thunderstorm could pop up at any time in the afternoon/evening, though.   But it probably wouldn't last long.

Im south of the park, which is why I thought the weather was looking bleak for a game tonight.

I hope you all get it in, rain delays are never fun at the park.

12 hours ago, SteveA said:

I was at the game Wednesday.   Like the other game I attended, I nursed two beers veeeerrrrryyyyy sloooooowwwlllllyyy through nine innings, along with a bag of peanuts.   So, I wore a mask maybe 20 minutes out of a three hour game    We were sitting on the aisle, nobody was to our right, and there was nobody directly in front of us for 3-4 rows    I saw lots of people not masking up at all who were not eating or drinking, and no enforcement of the mask rule at all.   But I did see other people wearing masks all game.    On the concourse, most people were wearing masks.   Paid attendance was under 6,000 so there was plenty of space around.   I did notice two sections where large groups were attending a game together that were more densely packed.

2 hours ago, fansince1988 said:

"Fully-vaccinated fans will be able to attend Nats games without a face mask in both indoor and outdoor areas within the stadium. Those not fully vaccinated are required to wear a mask at all times, unless they are eating or drinking within their ticketed seat."

This still has me wondering - who is going to say that they are unvaccinated at this point?