The jerking around of Zac Lowther

Tony-OH

10 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

His stuff is that of an org guy. It doesn’t take much watching to see that. 

That said, I’d rather see him getting bombed instead of Harvey. 

Are your comments about his stuff stinking just because he doesn't throw hard, or is there more to it than that?  

Lowther is a former 2nd round pick who has had significant success in the minor leagues.

Pedigree doesn't mean anything in the majors, but the pedigree is certainly more than organizational filler.

He hasn't pitched well this year for sure.  I think there are 3 possibilities:

• He just isn't that good.
  • He's having a random bad season as many pitchers/players do.
  • He's have a bad season due to getting very irregular work

Either way we needs to be pitching regularly somewhere.

2 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Lowther is a former 2nd round pick who has had significant success in the minor leagues.

Pedigree doesn't mean anything in the majors, but the pedigree is certainly more than organizational filler.

He hasn't pitched well this year for sure.  I think there are 3 possibilities:

• He just isn't that good.
  • He's having a random bad season as many pitchers/players do.
  • He's have a bad season due to getting very irregular work

Either way we needs to be pitching regularly somewhere.

He hasn't pitched enough to make a call - 5.1 MLB innings and 11.1 in AAA.  

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

At this point Lowther, Zimmerman, Kremer, Akin, and Alex Wells, either need to be starting in AAA or in the MLB. We can let the Waddells of the world “eat innings” out of the pen. 

We need to find out what we have in these guys as SP this year. 

Waddell may eat innings for the Cardinal organization but not for the O's.

Agree that’s it’s disheartening - and a bit surprising - to see him getting inconsistent work this year. Would like to give him a fair shake given past success.

He starts tonight in Jacksonville, so hopefully A) he throws well and B) this is the beginning of some consistent starting chances for him. Would be interested in reviews from those who are able to watch. 

Lowther may just be an organizational guy but right now, you don’t treat him as one.  You put him in the rotation and give him a chance because, wtf else are you going to do?  

You want to call up Bradish, Hall or GRod instead?  Fine, I’m ok with that but I’m assuming they won’t be doing that soon.  So, give him the chance.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Or walk by a construction site, or use a knife at home, or get in a tanning bed.

Did I ever tell you about my friend who was driving in downtown DC just when a crane dropped a girder, and it sliced his car in half?   Luckily it landed two feet behind the driver’s seat and he miraculously was unscathed other than being psychologically shaken.  
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2002-jan-31-mn-25707-story.html%3f_amp=true

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/local/2002/01/31/falling-beam-just-misses-driver/dad234d4-a737-4e36-b37b-88f47d5ba825/

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Did I ever tell you about my friend who was driving in downtown DC just when a crane dropped a girder, and it sliced his car in half?   Luckily it landed two feet behind the driver’s seat and he miraculously was unscathed other than being psychologically shaken.  
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2002-jan-31-mn-25707-story.html%3f_amp=true

No, And you did not have to share that.   Awaaaaaa!!!

12 hours ago, Ruzious said:

Are your comments about his stuff stinking just because he doesn't throw hard, or is there more to it than that?  

Both. He doesn’t throw hard. The fastball looks straight. The curveball and change don’t seem great, either.  

Look, if you’re gonna throw 91, you better have a devastating curve or a hell of a changeup.  He doesn’t appear to have anything better than average. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Both. He doesn’t throw hard. The fastball looks straight. The curveball and change don’t seem great, either.  

Look, if you’re gonna throw 91, you better have a devastating curve or a hell of a changeup.  He doesn’t appear to have anything better than average. 

He looks like he could do well in Korea.