Friday June 11: Orioles begin 20-games-in-20-days stretch vs Rays in St Petersburg

SteveA

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

I’m not a Sevy defender but he had his glove set up high as Akin threw the pitch. He dropped it as he released it.  

But in that situation, you have to throw to a corner of the strike zone - or at least to the outside part of the plate - and the glove has to be used as a target there.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Crowley’s comments came out of nowhere & really had no place within the context of his talk & the hall of fame event itself.     There was no reason for him to say what he did.   He said he did not like Elias; that Elias snuck out of Houston as all of the sign-stealing scandal came down, etc.      As the saying goes “sometimes the greatest way to say something is to say nothing at all.”
    • The main alternative is to install Cowser as the full time CF and acquire a good defensive corner OF who can spell Cowser in CF a couple of times a month.   Anyway, I’m not saying I think we should deal Mullins.  I’m saying it’s an option to consider.  It mostly depends on what we could get for him, how we’d cover CF and what else we could do with the $9 mm.  It also depends whether you think Mullins can improve/hold steady next year, or whether you think his three-year slide will continue.    
    • I know we’re talking fantasy level stuff here, but even so…between Burnes and Soto, I take Burnes every time. We need the pitching. How does the compensation picks for ROY or whatever help the Orioles anytime soon? It doesn’t. Plus, maybe I’ll get bashed for saying this, and it very well could be my own bias…but Soto seems like an extremely unlikeable person and I’d hate to root for him. I mean, I’d do it…I was a Machado fan while he was an Orioles so I’ve done it before. But if the O’s are going out spending stupid money then you may as well go for Burnes.
    • Trumbo never hit the wall.  He always pulled up well short of it.
    • I generally agree with not paying Santander and investing in pitching and extensions. But, the specifics get in the way a little. Which FA SP do you sign? Burnes who’s wilted down the stretch, has a seriously declining K rate, and will be the  most sought after SP on the market? The other big name SP, Fried? Bigger injury risk there and similar K rate, while older. The mid range SP like Kikuchi or Flaherty? There’s not good options on the market for FA SP.  For extensions, if Gunnar will sign something reasonable then do it yesterday. Is there any other young guy you’d sign to an extension right now? Maybe Holliday?
    • Also, the great Velasco height mystery is solved.   Listed at 6’11” but apparently that was a typo and I’m guessing he’s probably 6’1” and someone has a heavy typing finger. Great stuff.   Thanks for finding and posting.
    • Bautista, Coulombe, Dominguez, Cano, Perez, Webb, Akin, LRP Is pretty good and probably better than their pen last year with Bautista. I wouldn’t mind them signing a good middle relief guy and then having Akin be the long man but I don’t think they need to sign someone that’s gonna cost more than $10M per year. That would be better used on a starter. 
  • Popular Contributors