2021 MLB Trade Deadline Deals

SteveA

Mariners, hosting Astros, and having continued hot streak yesterday erasing 7-run deficit on Houston's tottering bullpen, today (mid-series!) traded a top reliever to them.   Reports are it isn't playing well in the clubhouse of the wildcard contender.

I read Dusty vented a little frustration last night, maybe tweaking the GM some.   I wouldn't have minded if we got Abraham Toro today.

16 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

Mariners, hosting Astros, and having continued hot streak yesterday erasing 7-run deficit on Houston's tottering bullpen, today (mid-series!) traded a top reliever to them.   Reports are it isn't playing well in the clubhouse of the wildcard contender.

I read Dusty vented a little frustration last night, maybe tweaking the GM some.   I wouldn't have minded if we got Abraham Toro today.

The Mariners traded a reliever to the team they are chasing in the standings??
ummmmm……really?

is he programmed to explode in a couple days?

13 minutes ago, SteveA said:

A's send 23 year old LH starter Jesus Luzardo to the Marlins for Starling Marte.   

For a 100-loss team to be, we seem to have been front row and had a hand in the end of Luzardo in OAK and Scherzer (perhaps Turner too) in WAS.

Adds some juice to that Mullins Marlins pitching speculation the other day.   A "surprise" CF buyer I guess can only sweeten whatever Mullins offers might be out there this week.

5 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

Adds some juice to that Mullins Marlins pitching speculation the other day.   A "surprise" CF buyer I guess can only sweeten whatever Mullins offers might be out there this week.

I'm with you there. Marlins have a ton of young starters and Luzardo just adds one more. 

Yankees Gallo like A's Marte another "surprise" buyer for Mancini and Mullins player types where other buyers looking for HR/RBI or real CF might need to increase bids a little bit.

Milwaukee I saw got a HR from Rowdy last night and Escobar today so they might be set at 1B/3B.    Red Sox just so conspicuous for Mancini (or Rizzo/Aguilar/Cron).