FCL happenings

Frobby

24 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I think Gunnar being at Aberdeen is appropriate. Hall was fine at Bowie at the time of his injury.  

Adley should be in Baltimore(at least he is at the appropriate MiL level even if it took way too long to get him there).  GRod should be in AAA or Baltimore.  Cowser should be in Aberdeen.  Westburg should be in Bowie.  

To me, those are the only premium guys we have, at least until Kjerstad gets out there.

You’re right on those. I just see them starting out 2022 at those levels. At least Elias has a plan, now whether we want to argue how much that plan makes sense is another thing. Haha

22 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

So because he has been consistent on his strategy, we should just go along with it and say it’s a great strategy because the great Elias says so?

And NO ONE is surprised by the strategy or what they are doing, so using that word is just wrong.

You can say whatever you want about Elias and his strategy.  Most reasonable people assume he has reasons for slow playing some of these promotions and don't have a problem with it.    So, if I disagree with him or you disagree with him, that's all well and good.   I would bet that if you sat down with Elias and gave him your views he would have some pretty good answers for you.   We won't get those answers publicly.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

You can say whatever you want about Elias and his strategy.  Most reasonable people assume he has reasons for slow playing some of these promotions and don't have a problem with it.    So, if I disagree with him or you disagree with him, that's all well and good.   I would bet that if you sat down with Elias and gave him your views he would have some pretty good answers for you.   We won't get those answers publicly.

Obviously.  And I think his reasons are strictly service time related and if they eliminate the service time stuff and make players FA sooner, you will see him be more aggressive.  

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Obviously.  And I think his reasons are strictly service time related and if they eliminate the service time stuff and make players FA sooner, you will see him be more aggressive.  

I don't think keeping Mundy in Aberdeen has anything to do with service time.   I don't think keeping Westburg in Aberdeen has anything to do with service time.   Rutchmann being kept at Bowie.  Yes.

I'm fine with GrayRod at Bowie.   He has dominated many starts but not every time out.   Let him get his innings in at Bowie.   He's going to start next year at Norfolk either way.

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I don't think keeping Mundy in Aberdeen has anything to do with service time.   I don't think keeping Westburg in Aberdeen has anything to do with service time.   Rutchmann being kept at Bowie.  Yes.

I'm fine with GrayRod at Bowie.   He has dominated many starts but not every time out.   Let him get his innings in at Bowie.   He's going to start next year at Norfolk either way.

Of course it does.  If MLB comes out and says a player drafted out of college becomes a FA after his age 27 season, these guys will be pushed through the minors faster.  

This is the type of thing that the MLBPA wants.  

Right now, Elias can slow play things because there is no deadline.  Once there becomes one, he will be more aggressive. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LookinUp said:

I want Gray Rod to work with the AAA ball this season. I definitely don't want him waiting until next year for that.

I suppose there's something to that but I'll let Elias figure out how important that is for this season.

23 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Of course it does.  If MLB comes out and says a player drafted out of college becomes a FA after his age 27 season, these guys will be pushed through the minors faster.  

This is the type of thing that the MLBPA wants.  

Right now, Elias can slow play things because there is no deadline.  Once their becomes one, he will be more aggressive. 

Under the current rules, I don't believe service time has anything to do with Westburg and/or Mundy still being at Aberdeen.

Just now, Sports Guy said:

But under different rules, they would be moved quicker.

So?   I didn't make a comment about under different rules.   You said you thought Mundy and Westburg should be at Bowie and, at least in Westburg's case, you suggested it was because of service time.

47 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

And we have no idea what the data is. It’s a bs, placate to your audience type answer.

46 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So when they promoted Grenier when it looked like he didn't deserve it the computer told them to do it?

I'm with SG, it's flimflam.

Man, CoC, you do love you some Grenier!

I'm sure there are many considerations that come into play.  I also do believe them when they say that they have specific things they are looking for.  I would not expect them to tell us what those things are.  Ultimately it's up to you whether you believe them or not.  At the end of the day I do not think they want to fail.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

So?   I didn't make a comment about under different rules.   You said you thought Mundy and Westburg should be at Bowie and, at least in Westburg's case, you suggested it was because of service time.

Yea because I think that is part of why Elias slow plays things.  I think it’s a big reason.  I don’t think he slow plays guys if the rules change, which means slow playing isnt as integral part of his development as it seems.  I think it’s just something he does because there isn’t much penalty for it.

26 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I want Gray Rod to work with the AAA ball this season. I definitely don't want him waiting until next year for that.

I’m with you.  I think he’s a special case.  He’s definitely ready for AAA, and I’d like to see him make that transition this year and see how he does the remainder of the season at that level.   That shortens his path to the majors next year and makes it an easier transition for him.   I think he’ll prove he’s ready for the majors by early next year, and when he does, I don’t want him wasting any more bullets in the minors.   

2 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Man, CoC, you do love you some Grenier!

I'm sure there are many considerations that come into play.  I also do believe them when they say that they have specific things they are looking for.  I would not expect them to tell us what those things are.  Ultimately it's up to you whether you believe them or not.  At the end of the day I do not think they want to fail.

They definitely have criteria.  I’m not denying that.  But I think that specific answer is more “GM speak” than anything else.  Not that they don’t utilize an algorithm, I’m sure they do.  But there is a lot more to it than that.