Hunter Harvey could not come into game due to "shoulder soreness"

Tony-OH

Who had 8.2 IP before he went back down?

Apparently he was coming into the game in the 7th when he experienced "shoulder soreness" and Hyde had to go to Fry.

Seriously, I feel terrible for the young man. Maybe it's nothing, but we haven't heard of too many times where he was held out because of "soreness" where he didn't end up on the IL. 

• Tony-OH changed the title to Hunter Harvey could not come into game due to "shoulder soreness"

There comes to a point where I wonder if some of these injuries are between his ears.  He never seems to lose velocity.  Whatever reason he isn't worth worrying about any longer.  I was going to say before this happened if he put together any kind of stretch of good outings they should take what they could get this July trade deadline.   It is probably too late for that now.

He should switch names with D.L. Hall given all the times he gets injured.  

Joking aside, I do feel bad for the guy.  To be blessed and worked so hard, just to have your dream be ripped apart again and again.  

They were putting icy hot on his shoulder out there.  Clearly he had some issue.  Doesn’t mean it’s IL worthy though(although it’s pretty easy to jump to conclusions for Harvey).  I would imagine every pitcher has arm/shoulder soreness/stiffness on a pretty regular basis.

Hyde said Harvey has been using icy hot for years.  He’s probably not the only one.  

9 hours ago, accinfo said:

There comes to a point where I wonder if some of these injuries are between his ears.  He never seems to lose velocity.  Whatever reason he isn't worth worrying about any longer.  I was going to say before this happened if he put together any kind of stretch of good outings they should take what they could get this July trade deadline.   It is probably too late for that now.

I'd say "between the ears" is pretty strong critique, but I would say that he is reaching a point where he needs to learn to pitch with pain/stiffness or realize that his career could be over. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Maybe he forget his Icy Hot?

Also, Franco sprained his ankle on the last out and is getting x-rays. Talk about a rough sweep…

Jomboy can be funny, but he's got a hardon for the Orioles as a diehard Yankees fan. I'm sure some kind of icy hot was being applied. How in the world would anyone think that's suspect. Just dumb.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Jomboy can be funny, but he's got a hardon for the Orioles as a diehard Yankees fan. I'm sure some kind of icy hot was being applied. How in the world would anyone think that's suspect. Just dumb.

100% agreed. He was roasted big time by people and players about it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

I'd say "between the ears" is pretty strong critique, but I would say that he is reaching a point where he needs to learn to pitch with pain/stiffness or realize that his career could be over. 

Pitching with a stiff shoulder is probably a good way to end your career prematurely.   Also a good way to ensure you pitch poorly.

I’m not going to try to guess whether he has a low pain threshold or whether he’s got the kind of soreness/stiffness that would stop any pitcher from pitching.   But there’s no use in a guy like that pitching with shoulder soreness.