Halfway through at rebuilding season

wildcard

25 minutes ago, 7Mo said:

I think what Elias and the O's are doing is trying to develop anyone and everyone and increase their value. That's pretty simple logic.

Using Kremer as an example, I'd guess they hoped for more from him to date. But you don't punt on the guy. You keep trying to develop him and increase his value, whether that ends up being with the O's or as a trade chip. Some pitchers take a while. It's not "an O's thing". It's everywhere in baseball. 

So, I think all of those guys will get chances because it's the right thing to do for the organization. Develop anyone and everyone you can, whether they stay with the O's or become a chip in a trade.

I tend to think Means will be traded as well. But as with everyone, it depends on who and when someone offers enough. Someone will in time. Just like with Mancini and Mullins and others.

Oh don’t misunderstand me. I’m not at all suggesting they get rid of anyone. I think Means will be traded in the off-season but no one is going anywhere till then, though Harvey should surrender his spot so we can keep giving auditions.

my comment was that Akin, Kremer and possibly Lowther will be supplanted during the off-season by other arms. I think Zimmermann has either a B- or an incomplete and Means has an A of course but our other debuts haven’t gone as we’d like.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It’s almost like if you give younger guys opportunities then you might get a Mullins. So why are we looking at the disasters on the current MLB roster at 3B, 2B, and C?

If you’re going to tank, at least tank with players that could become something. 

Amen.

that’s why we bring up Jones, who may hit but who may not glove, and Bannon-when healed-who may glove but who may not hit.