I think Roberts will be traded...

LookinUp

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not in so many words, probably. Most likely he simply told the O's that he isn't interested in an extension at this time.

Well put, Dave. I can't see MacPhail holding him if he's not going to extend this off season. I think there are plenty of teams who may be in the mix for him, so I'm hoping it gets done.

Look over there on that grassy knoll!!! :eek::eek:

All kidding aside, I could go either way on a Roberts extension or trade.

He is a great player to watch on the field and cares about contributing off it.

Always fun to watch the flurry of proposals here during off season :scratchchinhmm:

LOL, today there's been some pretty out-there chatter about including Theriot for Peavy, and then giving DeRosa the first crack at SS.

Wow... Cubbies getting desperate?

Hey Davearm, whats the deal with Pie? Are the Cubs still in love with him as they were last offseason?

I prefer the term "creative," but regardless it's a pretty wacky notion.

With Fukudome demoted to a CF platoon role, I fully expect Pie to be included in one trade or another this winter.

LOL, today there's been some pretty out-there chatter about including Theriot for Peavy, and then giving DeRosa the first crack at SS.
Sure, in my eyes Hendry's done a great job.

ESPN is saying the Cubs are trying to get a third team in play to meet the pitching demands of the Pads. Could a mega Peavy/Roberts Cubs acquisition be in the works?

Doubtful.

ESPN is saying the Cubs are trying to get a third team in play to meet the pitching demands of the Pads. Could a mega Peavy/Roberts Cubs acquisition be in the works?

Doubtful.

Problem is, what pitching demands can we meet?

I mean, the only player I would really want from the Pads, where I would be willing to give up something good would be Adrian Gonzalez but I would have to extend him to get the deal done.

Beyond that, they don't have anything that I would give up to really meet their needs at pitching.

Problem is, what pitching demands can we meet?

I mean, the only player I would really want from the Pads, where I would be willing to give up something good would be Adrian Gonzalez but I would have to extend him to get the deal done.

Beyond that, they don't have anything that I would give up to really meet their needs at pitching.

Whoever we add would have to be compensated for by the Cubs. I love the idea but I don't think they're entire system has enough talent to pay for both Peavy and Roberts. Well, it might, but I doubt they'd do it.

Pie, Hill, Colvin, Ceda, Veal, Vitters, Thomas, Theriot (since he was mentioned) and I'm sure I'm missing a couple of other decent prospects.

I'm guessing they won't give Samardja up in this deal though.

Whoever we add would have to be compensated for by the Cubs. I love the idea but I don't think they're entire system has enough talent to pay for both Peavy and Roberts. Well, it might, but I doubt they'd do it.

Pie, Hill, Colvin, Ceda, Veal, Vitters, Thomas, Theriot (since he was mentioned) and I'm sure I'm missing a couple of other decent prospects.

I'm guessing they won't give Samardja up in this deal though.

The other Chicago team makes sense.

I like the idea of Intimidator in the other thread...Essentially a 3 team trade:

Orioles get:

Hardy

Vazquez

Swisher

Getz

Brewers get:

Guthrie

Sherrill

Chicago gets:

BRob

Hall

That 3 team trade makes a lot of sense IMO. The White Sox get what they want, in terms of getting more athletic and they fill 2 holes.

The Brewers get the cheap, established starter that they seem to covet and they get the closer they need.

The Orioles replace Guthrie with a better pitcher(IMO), add a top SS, a very good bat in Swisher and a solid second base prospect.

Our payroll doesn't go up too much and we still have plenty of money to go after Tex.

This allows us to deal Huff and Scott, concentrating on trying to get a long term answer at third and/or some more arms.

Archived