2021 8th round pick (227): Creed Willems - C - (HS) Aledo (TX)

30 minutes ago, survivedc said:

Two-way players are hot right now. Let’s try him at pitcher and catcher.

Also, no way did that batter go around on that strikeout call.

I don't think he's special enough from the mound to do that. He was topping 94 in the video I saw of him on the mound and the command was pretty bad. This young man was drafted for his bat potential. I have some arm action concerns with him catching, but that's from limited videos I saw. He moves well around the plate and seems to stick pitches so that bodes well with him staying there for a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

From the little video I saw of him, he actually looked pretty decent back there, picking balls in the dirt and moving around.   $1M seems like a lot for kid with little chance to remain behind the dish.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hey, an over slot!  And by a good chunk, too!

What'll it be, OH?  Happy that they went way over slot for an 8th round HS talent?  Or are you guys going to bitch, whine and complain that it wasn't the RIGHT HS talent?

I know what I'm betting on!  Don't let me down!

Bit slow aren't you?  ?

• Haha 1

Just now, Frobby said:

I wonder how Corn would feel if they took any draft savings and gave their minor leaguers a housing allowance?   Silly hypothetical, I realize.   

I've been pretty regular in wanting the players to have the money over the owners.

Give me a choice between housing for minor leaguers and a house payment for Jon?  I'll pick the players.

21 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I wonder how Corn would feel if they took any draft savings and gave their minor leaguers a housing allowance?   Silly hypothetical, I realize.   

Everyone should be livid about that.  They shouldn’t need to save money on the draft to make sure their employees are treated properly.

42 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I've been pretty regular in wanting the players to have the money over the owners.

Give me a choice between housing for minor leaguers and a house payment for Jon?  I'll pick the players.

Not talking about a house payment for Jon. I’m talking about using the money on some other overslot player, vs. taking the savings and spreading it to our minor leaguers.  

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

From the little video I saw of him, he actually looked pretty decent back there, picking balls in the dirt and moving around.   $1M seems like a lot for kid with little chance to remain behind the dish.

Jump to conclusions much? I said it's questionable that he can stay back there because I got a little bit of a long arm action when throwing and he's overweight and unless he loses weight, he may end up not being able to move like a MLB catcher needs to be able to move. That doesn't mean he has little chance, just that it's questionable. 

• Upvote 1